Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wow... so I guess you have a choice of going with the regular Alcoas or the new style wheels. I wonder how much more you have to pay for the new style?

·
Banned
863 Posts
I tell you those Toxic Oranges are really growing on me. Thanks for the pics. That is the first Billet Metallic picture to date.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Super pics, thanks. Kinda nice to see the standard SRT's do not have the quad exhaust tips.

Billet looks mean!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Wow... so I guess you have a choice of going with the regular Alcoas or the new style wheels. I wonder how much more you have to pay for the new style?
They are a no charge option on 2011 non-IE SRT8 Challengers.
Sales code is WPA.
Rob

·
Registered
820 Posts
Why didn't they give the IE guys the same choice? I'm probably going to sell my rims any way.

·
Banned
863 Posts
I bet those cars with the old srt wheels were ordered for stock from dealerships. The guys working there are knuckleheads and don't know better, or they were just too lazy to see what the other wheel looked like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i first saw the toxic orange on a charger. i really have to say that i love that color. this is from the launch at the brampton ontario assembly plant where they make them.

personally i think the new 392 challeys are way under rated for what's coming from the factory. i think there is more hiding under those hoods than is being let out.
i want to personally see the new toxic orange and the new green both are killer colors.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bet those cars with the old srt wheels were ordered for stock from dealerships. The guys working there are knuckleheads and don't know better, or they were just too lazy to see what the other wheel looked like.
I'd go old style personally. The new is nice but I prefer the original and that's the direction I'll go if I upgrade to a 392 this summer.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
That's awesome but plase tell me that they don't salt the holding lot at Windsor.

·
Registered
557 Posts
That's awesome but plase tell me that they don't salt the holding lot at Windsor.
Judging from all the spray thrown up on the quarter panels and front fenders, I'd say that's exactly what they do. And, looks like the cars aren't driven slowly through it, either. Maybe it is a non-corrosive ice melt they use. Hope so.
Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
hmmm, i don't know my friend i may be wrong here but i think that is the holding facility in scarborough??
if so they do salt the front gates and major arteries where the trucks come in and out but not the isles where the cars are stored.
seems a shame to see them all covered in road gunk like this doesn't it?!!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
They're not new. They were used on the Charger Super Bee.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Technically they are both old style wheels, the black inside wheels were used on the charger super bee in 08-09' must have had some extras laying around to use on the 392's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Billet Metalic

Bee425,

Is the one in the picture Billet Metalic ? I am waiting for one in Billet Metalic that was made between 1-17 and 1-19 and is now siting on "carrier can hold status". Thank you very much for the photos it helps ease the waiting pain. So much for it always being stored in the garage during the winter months.

·
Vendor
5,687 Posts
Nice!! I can't wait to see the green ...

1 - 20 of 136 Posts