Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 392 Drive Home

Picked up my 392 today from Erin Dodge, we tried to load it on a flatbed for
the 1.5 hour trip back home but could not as the spoiler was too low to load it......

Well being a nice sunny day I decided to drive back down the 401... hit the ramp from Winston Churchill on to the 401 and put my foot into .... and WOW, I am impressed and in love.... everything you see and read about the 392 is true , no disappointments period

I came off the ramp at 80 K and laid on it and was doing 180 in a heartbeat.....

Dodge, great job....

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
There aint nothing like your first time. Driving your brand new SRT8 home that is. Just remember, she's only original once!

·
Registered
61 Posts
New 392 Drive Home

Picked up my 392 today from Erin Dodge, we tried to load it on a flatbed for
the 1.5 hour trip back home but could not as the spoiler was too low to load it......

Well being a nice sunny day I decided to drive back down the 401... hit the ramp from Winston Churchill on to the 401 and put my foot into .... and WOW, I am impressed and in love.... everything you see and read about the 392 is true , no disappointments period

I came off the ramp at 80 K and laid on it and was doing 180 in a heartbeat.....

Dodge, great job....
Did a double take on that...until I realized you're in Canada :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
180 kph is approximately 112 mph.

Enjoy your car! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't await the first test and tune nite :)

Can't await the first test and tune nite :) .... now that I have had a taste

I have to tell you the driving experince was amazingly retro, it was as if I was back in time and buzzing down the 401 in my old 425hp Challenger just without the noise and vibration, heat and 10 miles to the gallon on Sunoco 94....
I knew right then and there I had bought my new love :)

I have driven a 6.1 Hemi SRT8 many times and this new 392 is an all new
animal.... impressive power band...

Drive one and you will want to own one.... could not count the
number of waves, beeps and thumbs up I got in 2 hours... had
some kid in a rice rocket chasing me shooting pics of the car while
doing 140k...

Going to be a good summer....

Al

180 kph is approximately 112 mph.

Enjoy your car! :D

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Can't await the first test and tune nite :) .... now that I have had a taste

Going to be a good summer....

Al
I'm glad you got to drive it home and experience it, especially since you bought without test driving it.

Are you thinking about T&T this Saturday on opening day at Cayuga, or are you going to break it in a little more? Several of us are going.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts