Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha,

Hey guys, new owner here.

Traded up from a 2017 Mustang GT PP with 6 speed, simply got tired of being a little cramped(6'8) and honestly the horrible crap gearbox/driveline slop, never mind the gear notching every now and then for no reason.

So first question.

Exactly WHAT do I call this car? I've only had it for about half the day so far but from what I can tell she is a 392 Hemi Challenger SRT-8 with a shaker system(says shaker on the passenger air outlet.) With a Sport and track pack. Oh, and its a super bee apparently due to the bee on the sides, the bee on the seats, and the animated bee that shows when I start the car. Oh, and it has T/A on the front lol.

My dodge-fu is out of date!

Crazy man!

Now to look for ground effects and a side stripe.. need to break up that big wall of yellow on the side!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Whats the deal with the super bee badges and the animated bee that starts up between the dials. I mean it looks wicked but I've never seen that on a challenger before. Did I just miss that before?

I admit it was a bit of an impulse purchase, I knew the generals about it(engine and such) but it was returned due to personal reasons with a whole 2600km on it and I got a great day so I had to say yes!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks,

Whats the deal with the super bee badges and the animated bee that starts up between the dials. I mean it looks wicked but I've never seen that on a challenger before. Did I just miss that before?

I admit it was a bit of an impulse purchase, I knew the generals about it(engine and such) but it was returned due to personal reasons with a whole 2600km on it and I got a great day so I had to say yes!
Here is a good story about the history of the scat pack.

https://www.slashgear.com/a-brief-history-of-dodges-scat-pack-from-late-60s-marketing-masterstroke-to-modern-muscle-machine-13467357/

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations!!!
Your car is a Scat Pack Shaker (SPS) it also has the SPAG. Scat Pack Appearance Group. Black gas cap, black grill, tail band and little bee in your dash when you start it. A lot of people like that bee. *****ing car! Top dog in my book. Can't beat the Shaker or the 392. Without forced induction. Stripes come off and on... Make it your own! How did you come upon this car???

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,803 Posts
We call that an awesome looking car! :thumbsup: Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a good story about the history of the scat pack.

Hey thanks for that link man! That sure sent me down a rabbit hole for a while, really cool stuff.

Congratulations!!!
Your car is a Scat Pack Shaker (SPS) it also has the SPAG. Scat Pack Appearance Group. Black gas cap, black grill, tail band and little bee in your dash when you start it. A lot of people like that bee. *****ing car! Top dog in my book. Can't beat the Shaker or the 392. Without forced induction. Stripes come off and on... Make it your own! How did you come upon this car???
Thanks for the complement! I just went down to the car, the previous owner documented and kept everything so I found the original sales paper(what they put on the door) get this, laminated!

So I've been looking to get out of my 17 mustang for a while, just, was not overally happy and I've ALWAYS loved the challengers, I just never could afford them and when I could, well to be honest the mustangs seems just a better option, but these last few years, wow.

I just dropped by the dealership and saw this baby sitting there, the previous owner was an older man who was dying(old age, sad) and he wanted to own his dream car. So he bought it! 65K sticker price. He manged to enjoy it for approx 2,550 km's before nature took its course, sad, so the widow wanted to clearly sell it back.

They took it back, and kept it as a new titled car, just with a -lot- off the sticker price. After taking it out for a test drive, and noticing low payments, I just had no choice. What a great car.

The best thing I'm finding about this car is sure in the mustang now and then I felt the need to punk around, do dumb stuff, enjoy the manual ect, in this car, ha, I got nothing to prove, slow steady and I love it, such an amazing drive, shocked at how fast the trans shifts.

Oh i love that bee, so awesome, I wish it had the same thing my mustang did, where it projected a pony on the ground under the mirrors, a bee there would be hilariously amazing.

So the full car is.

Challenger Scat Pack Shacker
Options are
Package 24y
Tech Group
Driver Convenience Group
Premium sound group
Scat Pack appearance
8 speed auto
Power Sun room
U connect
20x9 Matt black wheels

Nice eye you sure picked up on it fast.

I really like the current stripes, I would just love something that goes along the side to break up the wall of yellow, but also works with the current stripes, the guy paid 1200 to have them installed!(i have the invoice)

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NY! Interesting combo, kinda rare to see a whole bunch of trims bunched together.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm I had a post but it's not appearing, perhaps there is some sort of moderation needed to make larger posts.

I would say it's night and day above my Gt, the gt was no slouch at all, and you could bust the rear end out or break traction in 2nd and sometimes third simply by running it to the red line(I had the ford stage 2 kit installed) but I found shifting needlessly clumsy and primitive, never did I feel safe pounding 1st to 2nd or 4th to 5th.

Thats the major difference with the GT, she starts to make her power high up in the band, I think like 5500 to 6000 is where the really starts, so you can floor it in 2nd, from like 1800 rpm and she will wind up then hit the power band and break free, to be honest that was kind of fun:):)

This feels much more centered, she will dive into a turn and take it without me worrying about the butt coming lose. Learning the 1st -2nd shift at near max throttle when you NEED to move through an intersection takes time lol, just go watch cars and coffee videos to see how many stang owners never learnt it ahahaha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally charged my Camera.

May I present, Mah, Car!

Also.. uh.. 3.09 rear axle ratio? Please, PLEASE tell me you can get some 4.11's or something close into this? Like that's just not cool bro lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Finally charged my Camera.

May I present, Mah, Car!

Also.. uh.. 3.09 rear axle ratio? Please, PLEASE tell me you can get some 4.11's or something close into this? Like that's just not cool bro lol.
You can get bigger gearing but you have the automatic M8 so you are probably running high gears in the tranny to compensate same as the new Mustangs all the autos on the Mustang come with rear axle 3.15 gearing. Now if you had the manual M6 the tranny is the TR6060 and they come with axle 3.91 gearing. Me personally I probably wouldn’t mess with the gearing in the autos it will not respond the same way as it would on the manuals and you will definitely need to retune the car on an auto for your shifting points if you the change gearing.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Congrats from MI on your new purchase and welcome to the Challenger family!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
The A8 makes all things new. Well no that's God but your ratio's will be A OK!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Did you guys notice the Dealer Mark Up on that window sticker? Holy Cow!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you guys notice the Dealer Mark Up on that window sticker? Holy Cow!!!!!

Yeah man, I feel sorry for that dude, but he wanted it bad and he knew he wouldn't be around for long, sad, but it was good for me.

Welp not touching the axle, in all truth I wont be doing anything to the car, it's pretty clear I have a -lot- to learn about these cars both mechanically and historically. I don't want to some I think looks good that just flies in the face of its heritage.

Lots of reading on this place to do!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts