Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next build, hmmm where to start. Well it has changed a few times since deciding to do a Aluminum block stroker from PWR. First it was going to be a 468 but when learning that that required a 4.25 Stroke we changed it to a 445 with Wiseco pistons and Manley Crankshaft and Rods.

Things started changing after attending the Modern Hemi Shootout at Atco 2007...kinda like a reality check.

After looking at Ujokins Aluminum Block Stroker and seeing that it had no Air Conditioning Compressor and I beilieve no Power Steering Unit, no exhaust, it occured to me that I couldn't really compete with that cause I am just not prepared to go that far as I really enjoy driving my car.

After thinking about it for awhile and kinda getting less exited about a 445 I started thinking about my goals and started thinking instead of trying to be the fastest that I would focus on building my dream car.

My dream would be a 426 Challenger with air conditionining, power steering, heated seats and a great stereo system lol. Well I was already planning on getting a Challenger so the only thing I needed was a 426 and since I already had the Aluminum block ordered why not build it on that.All of a sudden I was exited about the whole thing again.

While discussing different bore and stroke configurations with Andy and wanting to do something different, something that has never been done before it seemed like it may not be able to be done the way we really wanted. After a few days of wondering if we could pull it off the phone rang and Andy said we can do it.
The bore and stroke of this engine will be closer to the Gen II 426 Hemi than it is to the Gen III 426 Hemi.

I guess I want the whole package my cake and eat it too, part show, part race, longevity, with all the comforts and hopefully the ability to knock out a 10 second run.

Something like this

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
That's a big shiney thing! Haha!

Going to be one powerful package.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Nice! Andy will hook you up I'm sure. Can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Definitely interested in this build. I too share the same with wanting an aluminum, naturally aspirated 426.

Andy and PWR, I'll be finding y'all around 2014 if Dodge doesn't release something in a factory 426.

The key goals would be to have an engine durable enough to be a 426 daily driver of course.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
That will be a great combo. Have you landed on your CR yet? Sticking with 10.5 or going to 11.?
Will you be putting in a built trans also?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a big shiney thing! Haha!

Going to be one powerful package.
Just like yours

Nice! Andy will hook you up I'm sure. Can't wait to see the results.
Me Too

Definitely interested in this build. I too share the same with wanting an aluminum, naturally aspirated 426.

Andy and PWR, I'll be finding y'all around 2014 if Dodge doesn't release something in a factory 426.

The key goals would be to have an engine durable enough to be a 426 daily driver of course.
I think this configuration is gonna work really good

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Are you going to put this in a R/T? If so what are you going to do about a PCM? I thought that the 6.1 engine could not be put in a R/T and everthing be a ''plug & play''

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice! Best of luck on the build.

HemiSam
Thanks

Are you going to put this in a R/T? If so what are you going to do about a PCM? I thought that the 6.1 engine could not be put in a R/T and everthing be a ''plug & play''
Yes this is going in a R/T, Got a 6.1 PCM and wiring harness

There are a few running around. It can be done.

HemiSam
I know a few have done it in 6 speeds but I couldn't find anyone who did it in a auto.
The 2009 5.7 auto and 5.7 and 6.1-6 speeds share the same PCM but different programming but the 6.1 auto PCM is a totlly different box.

I had the wrong one and AJ caught it before I sent it to him

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
A.J.s the man. Glad to see that caught early, IA. Your ride's gonna be a monster and it's good to see you mixing it up a bit and pushing the envelope.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger Hellcat, Plum Crazy Purple, A8 (Grape Ape)
3,601 Posts
A few more beers and I can have enough cans for half a block. Nice going Al. I will be watching for the outcome of this one. I like when people think outside the norm.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A.J.s the man. Glad to see that caught early, IA. Your ride's gonna be a monster and it's good to see you mixing it up a bit and pushing the envelope.

HemiSam
I like trying different things

A few more beers and I can have enough cans for half a block. Nice going Al. I will be watching for the outcome of this one. I like when people think outside the norm.
Hope it works as well as I think it will

InferAl,
Who did the polishing on the intake and is it clear coated, it looks awesome!
It isn't polished it is a coating

RDP Store - Inlet Manifold Coating Bright Chrome and Black Chrome

Looks mean! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Keep us posted!
You and me both

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Al are you going to put a blower on that?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts