Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition

4K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  GoFastBrakeHard 
#1 ·
Muddying the water, or just sharing some bling?

I know all the Special Editions are allocated, if not sold. If you bought one, would you feel slighted?

A Guy

#3 ·
Looks like nothing more than then going in the parts bins and changing the logos on the seats fenders and dash. I’d prob pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
We knew this color was coming but not this commemorative edition, was supposed to start painting them 4/15 if none of this crazy stuff would have happened.

But that sounds like FCA, this is what they do. And people who missed out on the 50th in the color they liked might settle for this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
So they're going to have 2 different 50th Edition models now?

Kinda sucks for the people who got a regular 50th and may now want these new add ons

#6 ·
The Commemorative Edition will only have some of the parts from the 50th, so if you got a 50th, you have everything except the Power Bulge hood

But it did strike me as odd that so soon they would badge a car with 50th, and with so many styling cues. And also odd it is only R/Ts...

A Guy

#7 · (Edited)
Anyone else notice they just released the 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition? Not a good idea IMO. Looks like its basically the same except for no shaker and they are using the old hood and pricing about the same (may be 500 less, but not sure without seeing it on a window sticker). You can get it on the other colors that are not used in the 50th limited edition and there is no limit on how may they make. Seems like this would water down the exclusivity and value of the limited edition models.

#9 ·
#11 ·
Either FCA has a bunch of people who can't make a decision between option A or option B so they just decide to make every idea an option at some point, or they do this intentionally to make trim model confusing as all hell.

Every time I talk trim level and options with other Challenger/Charger owners they get as confused as I do, and I have spent hours trying to figure out all the different options. But at the end of the day we all love our Mopars, and that is what's important.

#12 ·
But at the end of the day we all love our Mopars, and that is what's important.
Yup, we could always be stuck back in the 90's and early 2000's where if you wanted a V8 Rear Wheel Drive Car you had to buy a Truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.