Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These have 2.13" Intake valves and 1.65" Exhaust valves compared to 2.08" x 1.59" on the current 6.1 heads. They share more in common with the eagles than the 6.1's.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Me likey these. :) What are the cfm numbers? 2.13" and 1.65" are pretty damn big from the factory, right? What are the valve sizes from the aftermarket?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Interesting I don't see any quench area. Are those stock Mopar heads or some custom castings? The 5.7 has them and doesn't put out near the power the new 392 is. I assumed every emission cutting mod would have been done no questions asked at Chrysler.

Either way they sure are beautiful!!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They will bolt up no problem. We are going to verify that everythibgworks togather and doesn't leak coolant in the not to distant future.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The windows are almost identical. The exhaust port doesnt look that good so far, but we will find out today how good they are. I should have flow numbers today.

·
Banned
903 Posts
Thanks Andy,
I just don't want to over look an oportunity when I get ready to have you build me a motor soon hopefully, I really want to do a 440 build.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Andy how do these compare to 5.7 eagle heads?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will offer a full write up as soon as flow data is in. So far, they appear to be superior to all current heads.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
That is an interesting point about the removed quench areas in the cylinder head. The 6.4 has a similar compression ratio as the 5.7, no? Is it filled in more somewhere else or in the piston to maintain the compression ratio?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts