Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been reading the forums for about a month now. And I think this weekend is the big day. I need a little help with the cars im looking at and I was hoping you guys could help me decide on what is the better deal and if its a good deal. Here is the ones im looking at.

Used 2009 Dodge SRT-8 with 8450miles - $33998.00 (Color - Silver)
Used 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 For Sale | Newark DE

Used 2010 Dodge R/T with 1233 miles - $30797.00 (Color - Silver)
Navigation, Leather, Automatic, Sunroof
Used 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T For Sale in Newark DE | Wilmington & Elkton MD | 1720310

Used 2010 Dodge R/T with 3465 miles - $30995.00 (Color - Blue)
Navigation, Cloth, Manual, SunroofUsed 2010 Dodge Challenger For Sale | Cherry Hill NJ

Money is a factor here as my fiancee expects a big wedding in October. I am trading in a Dodge Charger R/T Fully Loaded that I might be upside down on by a $1000 or $2000 but im going to try and get the dealer to break me even.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Get the one you want. Surprise the wife to be and take her to the courthouse for a marriage certificate. Skip the big wedding.:browsmiley:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant decide on whice one. I like the blue one the best and its a manual but I really want leather.

Oh and no courthouse marriage here she wants to go all out ha-ha

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Wow tough choices. The automatic on these car are no dogs. They beat out the manuals consistantly at the track. I really wanted manual too but I'm really glad now that I "settled" for auto. The silver R/T is not a bad deal especially with the leather (heated) seats........BUT I understand why you like the blue. The blue is a great color.....and it looks like to me like it has some nice mods... like an aftermarket Borla exhaust. It's probably got a voice very similar to the SRT. Also not sure but it looks like its got a Hurst shifter and its got bright pedals. Someone put a few dollars into that R/T. I would check under the hood to see if its got a cold air intake and maybe some other underhood bling. Regardless it kinda boils down to this....can you live with the cloth seats? The blue is probably a better performance car the silver a little better comfort car. The Blue also is a little more "eyecatching"....alot of people just dig that DWB. The SRT is very nice but can you swing the extra $$??........hope this helped....... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i think those prices are too high...i wouldnt take any of them
'
$34k for a used 2009 SRT???

you can get new for $35-37k right now and its a 2010!!!!

that SRT should be $30k and those RT's should be $25-27k

go to Cars.com, email every leftover 2010 RT/SRT within 100 miles and wait and see what offers come your way...i think you may get a new RT for what your spending on a used one!

and silver was the least popular color on SRT's

·
Registered
442 Posts
I bought my 2010 RT brand new back in August (only options were 20" wheels) for 33K; traded in a '03 mustang w/ 97K on it which I was about even on for what I owed vs. trade in. The classics were selling around 38K last year.

Even with all those options listed, you should still be able to get the prices down a good 2-3K; as always, be prepared to walk if you don't get what you want, there will always be another deal.

You have to see the cars in person, if it's not impractical to travel to those different locations, and prioritize. Remember that you can always get leather covers if the other car has everything else you want. As for RT vs. SRT, well there are probably a dozen threads on this board alone...

Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I might spend some more time and email a few more dealerships. The blue one is the one I like the most but I dont think I can live with out the leather seats. Plus its not like I need a car I have a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T with only 16,500 miles on it so its not like im in desperate need. I still might go see them in person but im afraid if I go there and test drive one im going to go home with it haha

·
Banned
557 Posts
Agree with huggytree, those prices aren't very good. But I also assume those are ASKING prices and they would come down considerably. If they are firm, I'd give them the finger and walk.

I bought my 2010 RT in January brand new. Comparable to the DWB you like, but no sunroof, nav or steering wheel controls. My sticker price was $33k. I bought for $26k. That is BRAND NEW!!!

I'm pretty sure dealers are cutting left over 2010 stock even more now. So I would definitely look around. Even the SRT's are getting the bottom knocked out. Last I heard, $9-10k off sticker on a left over 2010 SRT was NOT uncommon.

If you can swing the SRT and enjoy performance, I think you'd be very happy. The RT offers about 90% of the same performance for a little less. I truly believe the RT offers the best bang for the buck.

As far as sticks vs autos, you need to drive and determine for yourself. I drove one of each back to back and afterwards refused to buy an auto. I didn't like the lack of response or the sound. Even my 15yr old daughter was dissing on how the auto sounded. I know, she's 15 right. Of course, after coming here, I learned the autos benefit greatly from a Predator tuner and new exhaust. And if you drag race, there is some truth that the bulk (not all) drivers can deliver more consistent & lower times with autos. Drivers that can't shift is the problem, not so much the tranny. Under the right hands a 6-speed can go as fast & consistent as an auto. Just more times than not, the right driver isn't in the car.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Oh yeah, and if you want leather, but find a cloth interior don't forget to consider Katzkin. They are are the guys making the IE392 leather for Dodge, and does many other vehicles. A good alternate.

Car Leather Upholstery | Custom Auto Leather Interiors by Katzkin

Also, you can find RT leather covers on the used market where people upgrade, etc to something different for fairly cheap.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The prices do seem high, just keep looking around, don't rush. Does you fiance know about your plans to purchase, if so, maybe the car could be used for the bride and groom and why not?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree with Huggytree, they're all overpriced. Do you homework online and you should be able to get a new 2010 for those prices. The best way to overpay is commit to buying this weekend instead of taking your time to find a deal.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Doesn't sound like any of the three are "just right" so I'd take them all off the table and start over, especially since you're not in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Well one thing to think about is the warranty. That 2009 SRT only has 3-36 on the powertrain and the 2010's have 5-100k powertrain. Just sonething to think about. Also the performance of the R/T is no slouch. I ran a best of 13.20 @ 105 with my bone stock Mopar 10 and the SRT8 Challengers that were there the same day were running the same times or HIGHER. None were running better than my R/T.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
These guys are right. I am in the same boat you are. I've getting quotes for 2010 R/T Classics between 31K-33K or 7-8K off sticker without even negotiating any. I could order a 2011 R/T Classic in that price range right now too with a manual and Super Track Pack. The incentive to buying a 2010 is you might get one more loaded for cheaper than a new, less optioned 2011. Plus, the colors were better in 2010. I have also been quoted on 2010 SRTs between 36-39K depending on options in my area. The dealers are looking to dump leftover 2010s. That is why I have not made a final decision yet. I would imagine as gas prices rise, they will be more willing to deal as well. I would get as many quotes as possible and play the dealers against each other, especially if you are considering a leftover 2010. You have nothing but time. These cars don't seem to be flying off the lots as of yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts