Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019 R/T Hemi
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, I love my Challenger HEMI.....Despite the fact that I'm all Girl! ((Don't tell anyone but, I previously owned 5 Vettes....ouch. They just got to be beyond my purse))
Obviously, my favorite is this R/T.
Love jumping on here to keep informed and abreast.....I actually have seen a few of my own questions answered right here.
Now I have a new one....RE: the plastic yellow bumper protectors...I've been told to leave them on. Yea or Nay?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sorry guys, I love my Challenger HEMI.....Despite the fact that I'm all Girl! ((Don't tell anyone but, I previously owned 5 Vettes....ouch. They just got to be beyond my purse))
Love jumping on here to keep informed and abreast.....I actually have seen a few of my own questions answered right here.
Now I have a new one....RE: the plastic yellow bumper protectors...I've been told to leave them on. Yea or Nay?
ur choice. congrats on the R/T

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Welcome and Congrats! As far as the the protectors on the front. It's a mixed bag, some say keep them and some say remove them. Dodge says to remove them cause they are for shipment only. It's your vehicle, so basically it is up you. It will leave marks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
975 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT Pitch Black Clear-coat
84 Posts
Welcome,

as for the yellow guards, they do have “REMOVE BY DEALER” imprinted in the mold and Dodge says they should be removed.

Its your Challenger. If you like them, keep them. If not, they’re easily removable with a screw driver and pliers. They do however leave marks after a while and can also scratch the splitter with debris. When I removed mine there was a lot of debris (rocks, dirt, etc) luckily no scratches.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I left mine on. Its cool. Welcome from Virginia'
Enjoy the forum. Lots of info.
Best regards
parrott

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you leave them on it will eventually collect sand or grit and scratch your spoile.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,792 Posts
Welcome from California Margaret ;) I suggest adding extra yellow guards

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,202 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
67 Posts
Regarding the protectors, remove them definitely and do so ASAP. But keep them as I have heard that people pay ridiculous amount of money for them (I threw mine away). Even after I only drove about 250 miles, I saw minor scratches on my splitter. The longer you keep them on, the worse it will get. Did you get MT or AT?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome from Germany ...

Me and my (german) Dodge dealer seem to be little stupid or not able to read (american) english .... still the yellow stripe on and .... I like it !!

Welcome to the forum !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts