Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are proud to once again offer the new and improved supercharger system from Yella Terra.
Yella Terra 2.9L Supercharger Kit

What has changed?

Lets start with the air inlet. The top inlet is the old style restrictive inlet. Below it is the new larger design.

What else has changed? How about the new twin-core intercooler system.

Here is the old intercooler design.

And the new twin-core design.

The runners on the manifold are larger and have more wall thickness for extra porting. The intercooler is slight larger with extra tubes and more clearance to the floor to allow around 30% more flow to the runners.
I’m quite pleased with the final product.

Check out the massive heat exchanger and the optional larger heat exchanger behind it.

More pictures of the unit installed.

Also, the old setup with a 2.4L head unit was used in jdoc07's jeep to become only the second srt8 Jeep to ever run a 10 second 1/4 mile time without the use of nitrous. See page 36.

Mopar*©2010*Amos Auto Enthusiast - Amos Publishing

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Due to my excitement around this supercharger system, here is what I am prepared to offer to 1 customer.

Forged 370 or 345
Supercharger Camshaft
Dual Walbro pump fuel system
Bosch Fuel Injectors
ATI OD balancer
2.9L Supercharger Kit
Blue-Top Solenoids
Precision Industries Converter
All Installed and Tuned to 700rwhp
$12,500

Add $2500 for 1000hp built transmission if desired.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Added one of Jeffs earlier videos. He also has the standard 2.4L kit with the old style inlet and intercooler.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The intercooler is slight larger with extra tubes and more clearance to the floor to allow around 30% more flow to the runners.

Lucy, yus got sum splaining to do??.

So help me understand sumttin. I see the cores, I know the manifold and that statement has me wondering if some of the port is exposed to direct flow not directed thru the laminar cores.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
glad to see they got that inlet worked out, should be a great power adder, can you upgrade the old blower with the new inlet? or do you have to buy a new blower to get it?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lucy, yus got sum splaining to do??.

So help me understand sumttin. I see the cores, I know the manifold and that statement has me wondering if some of the port is exposed to direct flow not directed thru the laminar cores.
I will forward this to Yella Terra for them to answer as I do not know.

glad to see they got that inlet worked out, should be a great power adder, can you upgrade the old blower with the new inlet? or do you have to buy a new blower to get it?
The new inlet will swap over if you have the Gen I inlet.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
PWR Andy where is your shop located at? Sorry I could not find it on your website. also how would you compare this SC to the KB? That is what I was set on getting on my stock 6.1. Your offer is very appealing since it includes the forged block!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks like it limits you to short injectors
The only limit is stock height injectors. Im running 110 lb/hr stock height injectors as is Hemi-C. Thats not much of a limitation.

PWR Andy where is your shop located at? Sorry I could not find it on your website. also how would you compare this SC to the KB? That is what I was set on getting on my stock 6.1. Your offer is very appealing since it includes the forged block!
Northwest Alabama.

I will not get into a public debate comparing superchargers. There are 27 other threads out there doing exactly that. PM me and i will be glad to discuss the benefits of both systems.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Man I wish we could launch our Challengers like they can launch the Jeep in the first vid...we only burn rubber if we do that :(
beautiful kit though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts