Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. I am new here and I will be looking into getting an sxt within the next few months. I travel a lot so sxt seems to have a better mileage rating over the r/t. I am not able to get something new but looking at around a 2013-14 area. Advise on things to look for would be greatly appreciated.
I live in Florida so I will only get a Florida car..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
863 Posts
Welcome and good luck on your search! I would try to find the cars service history. I would want a certified used car and make sure there are no bolt on's like Cold air intakes and the like.
Florida is the place for such a nice car! Guys I know with the 3.6 say they can get 30mpg.
I didn't get that with my Mazda 3! lol!
Tom.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Probably look into a '15 / '16 SXT - the 8 speed automatic gained MPG over the '13 / '14 years that used the 5-speed.

Plus with the deeper ratios in the 8 speed, better acceleration performance as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Agree on looking at 2015+, the interior redesign give a lot more of the creature comforts expected in a modern car. The A8 has also has a good maintenance record so far, I haven't seen too many complaints about catastrophic failures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I can score a 15 at the right price no doubt. But unfortunately I have to stick within my budget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
All good advice but don't assume that a "certified" used car was properly inspected and repaired. Tecent reports say some supposedly certified used cars are cleaned up a bit & put on the lot for sale. A good pre-purchase inspection is a good idea regardless of where you buy the car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,912 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
145 Posts
What part of Florida?

I sell cars for a CJDR dealership in Florida. I can definitely help you get the best price, guaranteed!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts