Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone! MY name is Anthony and im 31. I been a mopar guy my whole life. I have owned many dodges and currently own a 92 es daytona as well as two 93's one being a 1 of 90 green iroc r/t as well as a few other makes and models of cars. Anyways, Just thought I would say hello to everyone.

I joined this site to learn more about the challenger. Through much debate looking at just about every car on the planet, I finally decided, (with help from my girlfriend) To get a new challenger. It will still be some months out till I get it, but I have decided that is what I want to have. Now I just have to figure out if I want a r/t, srt, with a kenne bell supercharger or some other kind of supercharger or the new 392 srt without any mods for now. I wont have money for the srt 392 and mods so I have to decide carefully about which I want. It will be the first new car I have ever had so I am really excieted about it and glad to be here.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome If it's your first new car think real hard before voiding the waranty by putting on a super charger. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I do need to think about that itzrick. If I bought mopar parts, what all could I do to one and still not void the warranty? Is headers and bolt on's something that would still be considered under warranty? lol sorry if thats a silly question.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I know Mopar CAIs won't void the warranty. The CAI doesn't get covered by the warranty but it won't make them not cover anything else. Diablosport says you can put a cann tune in the car as long as you pull it out before taking the car in for service. I talked to my dealership the other day about putting a solo exhaust on my car and they said if I have a problem and it's caused by an after market part they wouldn't cover it under warranty. like a CEL that they found that was being cause because an O2 sensor was tripped because of the exhaust. I'm thinking headers would be the same way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good thanks for the advice. I am sure I will figure it out. It will be so tempting to get a kb blower and put it on, but I could just buy it and let the blower sit until the warranty is gone or until I can't take it anymore. Which probably wont be long. Come to think of it I better just buy the blower later I know I would be wrenching on it if it was sitting in my garage.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Anthony, Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seems great so far Greatamerican! love the forums so far!

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts