Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully, I'm giving my fellow Challengertalkers a heads up. Several months ago I had to have my 2011 Challenger SE Toxic with 175mi towed into Bettenhausen Dodge ,since the New Mopar battery that I had to have their Mobile Tech bring out and install : was not the only issue holding it back ! Yes, it was the original factory battery! Well, The Challenger started right up,and not a problem there,especially since it had not been started for about 2 yrs !!! Well, as I started to back it out of the garage the steering wheel was real stiff..kinda like with no power and old days with no power steering!! I mean, I'm not a very strong person. I had the bigger and stronger tow trucker give it a try and he said that thing ain't right !! Just great ! So , after getting soaked $300+ for the mobile tech, I had to cough up $180 for a tow into Bettenhausen for a diagnosis [plus a synthetic oil change,an oil change that this Challenger had never had since taking delivery in Oct 2012 ! ] !!' Well, somehow, the service mgr stated , the power steering fluid had evaporated,which I thought strange . He recommended a new power steering unit at about $1200 [or was it $1800, I just cannot recall now! Well anyways, when at the dealer inquiring to see if they had a battery in stock, the parts person told me of a Lifetime Battery Warranty,so, OK, I thought for an added $50 Well , after the fact ,did I decide to read all of the "fine print" ! The fine print mentioned that this warranty was invalid for any vehicle over 1 1/2 Tons ! Huh, unbelievabull !! The Challenger is what 3900 -4100lbs. Perhaps the only Chrysler/Dodge that fits that might be a Neon! I got my $50 back and also I did not get my Original receipt and copy of the warranty back......Hmmmm I wonder why ? Well, I had made a copy . I'm wondering if they are still pushing this fraudulant piece of paper ? Has anyone else purchased this Lifetime Battery Warranty? I have not contacted Chrysler yet ... Be forewarned;My Comrades. Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts