Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this about 5 months ago, just got it installed...........they said you didn't need any tools...........I brought my own. LOL

The plastic-dip worked pretty good for awhile. but this looks a little better............like they say, "once your go black" your not going back.

Thought I would share a few pics with you guys..............happy it turned out good. That's a looker no matter how you look at it.

Went on with no issues, but it seems like the left bottom cornor has a slight gap on it where the rest of the fuel door sits pretty nice and flush............not really worth mentioning after all the issues I had with paint and panel alignment I had on this car. Gotta say, its looking good.

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
I like the gas cap, looks great! Been wanting to get one myself and you’re adding fuel to my fire. Also like the conventional box opening of your 18 case, but I totally don’t approve of the following:

1. Only 1 beer
2. You’ve got a 2nd beer out but it’s warming up
3. Where are your coozies man
4. All the above is null and void if work was completed in less than 1 beers time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the gas cap, looks great! Been wanting to get one myself and you’re adding fuel to my fire. Also like the conventional box opening of your 18 case, but I totally don’t approve of the following:

1. Only 1 beer
2. You’ve got a 2nd beer out but it’s warming up
3. Where are your coozies man
4. All the above is null and void if work was completed in less than 1 beers time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Coldsteel, good one, up here in the big "W" we don't use those Koozies things, You know us beer guzzlers up in Wisconsin, the can never sits long enough to get warm.

Just in case anyone that did switch over to the black door, just noticed today the fit is good, but I can pull it out a hair on the lower left hand side of the door, seems like its not snapping in place, took it off again today and put back on, same thing, odd.

Just wondering if anyone else ran into this............but then again your probably not pulling on your fuel door to see if its tight or not. LOL

Rich

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, problem solved, I did a little write up in tips to help.............fitting perfect now.

A little pic for coldsteel.................yes I did it with the help of my buddy miller lite. LOL

Rich

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Ok, problem solved, I did a little write up in tips to help.............fitting perfect now.

A little pic for coldsteel.................yes I did it with the help of my buddy miller lite. LOL

Rich
That's right, just have to get the brain wet with a few cold ones. Glad it all worked out. It does look good against those wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I got mine about 2 years ago and can't see why Dodge didn't go with the black to start with. I love the look with black white, looks great! Warm, cold, whatever, beer is beer and it's all good!

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Retro muscle and chrome go together, that's probably why.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Retro muscle and chrome go together, that's probably why.
I honestly bought my car looking for that gas cap. Didn't realize you could switch. Showed the Wife the chrome gas cap on a Challenger and said I wanted a car attached to that gas cap. Just sayin.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I honestly bought my car looking for that gas cap. Didn't realize you could switch. Showed the Wife the chrome gas cap on a Challenger and said I wanted a car attached to that gas cap. Just sayin.
Yeah, I remember when the "new" Challenger came out I saw that gas cap and thought "cool' now that's a nice retro touch....especially the chrome.
Now that being said I also like the look of the black cap but I think the chrome one makes the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts