Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just ordered Borla,s Atack cat back system for my 19 R/T Scat, WB.

As you guys know, since the tail pipes route under the rear suspension they can easily be seen from the rear of the car.

Before installing I would like to clean up/polish the tail pipes.

Looking for suggestions on how to clean these up. I am not looking for a chrome like shine but I would like them to look better.

Any and all input appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Varooom

Attachments

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Mother's Mag and Aluminum

Any fix is temporary, and new is about as clean as they'll ever look with no work involved.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
I have the corsa extreme and it is not that easy to see the exhaust unless you are laying on the floor. Even the tips are not that easily visible as they are tucked under the rear bumper. For a brushed look you could run some fine 3M scuffing pads over the pipes (gets rid of all the extrusion lines from the pipe).

·
Registered
694 Posts
nevr-dull. have a catback borla on one of my cars. it's a little messy as have to pull parts of it apart to use but best item i have ever seen for chrome. wish they had back in '71 when did 1st day 2 item for my 340 duster. chrome wheel to replace dog dishes. also use on my '09 chrome wheels covers, makes them look like new.

Reactions: varooom

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, after some research I will answer my own question.

Borla makes a great stainless steal cleaner/polish.

I polished the whole system before installation. Looks great.

varooom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts