Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks interesting ...stage three spec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That will be too much cam for your car (if you have a 5.7) unless you’ve done a lot of mods to make it rev about 1500 rpm higher. And you have really low hearing to get it into those RPMs quickly. You won’t start making more power until 4500 RPM, and if it a stock bottom end, you’ll run out of steam by 6200 RPM.

·
Registered
551 Posts
That will be too much cam for your car (if you have a 5.7) unless you’ve done a lot of mods to make it rev about 1500 rpm higher. And you have really low hearing to get it into those RPMs quickly. You won’t start making more power until 4500 RPM, and if it a stock bottom end, you’ll run out of steam by 6200 RPM.
BBP 6.4 based 426 10.3:1 , ported Apache heads , ported 6.1 manifold ,currently 3.70 and a 29.5”et r outback paired with the a8 , but probably going back to a 3.09 and a 28” tire. Currently running a boost cam in prep for boost , but thinking about running a different na cam and staying na for while. Then this one pops up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,181 Posts
Where did you get this info from?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Where did you get this info from?
I just worded it weird. 5.7s can definitely make power above 6200 RPM, and the stage 3 cam will help do that, but there’s more to being able to use that RPM range is what I’m saying. Once you get above 6200, you’re going to need better internals, and you’re going to need an RPM matched intake manifold and gearing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The stage 3 cam is going to want to make power past 7000 rpm. That also means it’s going to take away power down low—hence the reason you will need gearing to get you in the higher RPM range faster.

And if you run past 7000 rpm, you’ll need a lighter bottom end among other things.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Following for interes for Stage 2

·
Registered
8 Posts
I want to see someone try. If the LS world is any indication these big cams can make good power in a stockish engine, even if it’s not optimal. The heads on these cars flow very well and should be able to handle this. Check out LS1tech and see the absurd cam profiles being run there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts