·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,196 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,171 Posts
And we haven't even gotten to the fun part yet, variable valve timing...
If using an OEM cam (i.e. going from an MDS to non-MDS) should not be a problem to scavenge the settings from a manual trans car. In fact, I happen to know a bloke with a 2015 5.7 M6 who has a copy of a stock tune. ;)

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,196 Posts
If using an OEM cam (i.e. going from an MDS to non-MDS) should not be a problem to scavenge the settings from a manual trans car. In fact, I happen to know a bloke with a 2015 5.7 M6 who has a copy of a stock tune. ;)
A custom cam has been made for my build, and I can promise that it will not have a stock tune nor MDS...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,842 Posts
So for the low price of $8790 you get 75HP/44LB-FT and get to keep your warranty. Still doesn't get you scat pack power.
There was no Scat Pack when these came out, so they were not promising what is now considered Scat Pack power ;)

Now the folks in Auburn Hills are making the deal even sweeter: adding a Scat Pack won’t void the Chrysler vehicle warranty.

In an industry first for such high-level OEM performance modifications, the original factory warranty will be maintained on 2014 Dodge Challengers and Chargers modified with any of the three Scat Pack kits if they are installed by an authorized dealer.

“The Scat Pack factory stage kits can help boost 5.7-liter HEMI performance up to an additional 58 horsepower and 47 lb.-ft. of torque, allowing Dodge enthusiasts to extract the maximum performance from their vehicles without the fear and guesswork typically associated with modifying late-model vehicles,” said Tim Kuniskis, Dodge brand President and CEO. “And now with a warranty guarantee, they can do so with the peace of mind that their manufacturer’s warranty remains intact.”

Warrantied, but Stage 2 and 3 not emissions/road legal :)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,171 Posts
There was no Scat Pack when these came out, so they were not promising what is now considered Scat Pack power ;)

Warrantied, but Stage 2 and 3 not emissions/road legal :)

A Guy
I should have said 6.4L power.

I bet there was a proposition 65 sticker for stage 2 & 3 as well.:p

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,842 Posts
There is a Prop 65 sticker for air...

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,171 Posts
Yeah but unfortunately the fires burned up all the stickers they posted. I thought I saw somewhere that the Prop 65 sticker itself needed a Prop 65 warning due to the adhesive used.

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
The ticking noise isn’t necessarily a sign of impending cam and lifter failure, although the presence of metal shavings in the oil isn’t normally a good sign. Have you considered getting a Usee Oil Analysis to determine the type, and therefore source, of metal in the oil, which should also indicate whether or not the amount is significant enough to begin worrying about?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well said Nuke. That was my thought exactly as I read this post. My 2 questions are:

1. How do you know it is the Cam?

2. What brand / weight oil are you using?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,171 Posts
I would rather the OP post a vid of the noise. If it is the common tick at idle to ~2000rpm a lot of folks complain about then swapping the cam/lifters probably will not resolve it as there have been a few who have had the valvetrain replaced but the tick did not go away.

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Isn't the stage 1 kit required before the stage 2 kit can be installed? Don't they have to be installed by a dealer for the warranty? Finally, there is a stage 3 kit, and I don't know if any of the kits can be installed on 5.7's newer than 2014.
there wasn't any Mopar PCM available with the tuning as was done the Mopar St I / St II / St III packages for the newer years. The sales might have been lower for the Scat Pack 5.7 packages - they were expensive

21 - 31 of 31 Posts