Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here for a long time. I was originally going to buy a Challenger the second year it was out, but a severe injury made me have to trade my truck for a car, and the CH wasn't out yet, so I went with the Charger.

Last night, I had a few hours of madness and traded my black '08 Charger R/T for an Hemi Orange '10 Challenger R/T. It was sitting on the lot for a while and the dealer really wanted it gone, so I got a great deal. Some quick observations:

1. I don't know if it's because I was so used to the Charger's stereo, but the Challenger's just doesn't seem as good, even though the speakers should be the same (With sub). It seems like it's kind of dead sounding. The EQ doesn't help. I have the highest end factory head unit, with DVD, GPS, etc.
2. The driver's seat not folding is something that is just peculiar. WTF were they thinking?
3. They told me it had remote start, and it doesn't. I will talk to the dealer about adding it. I know it's not all that difficult to do.
4. It gets a lot of looks and comments.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Congrats on new car but you might need to change your name.LOL Just because you have the RER radio doesn't meen you have the sound group II on it, it might help adding that if you don't have it. Welcome to CT.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I do have sound group II, my friend who has the same car with the same options and same color (Bought six months ago, agrees with me that the stereo in his '07 Charger was better. Not a lot, but I do like it better. The touch screen is fun though.

I've had the name 3 years, and I'll keep it. I had a Ram when I got it.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
Welcome to the best Challenger Forum :bigthumb: looking forward to your participation...

Nice color and way to get what you were hoping for a few years back enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcomes. Anyone had remote start added? If so what did they want for it? I will call the dealer in the morning, and I bet it's going to be a heartstopper. I really don't want to go aftermarket, as I had problems with all three aftermarket remote starts I had on previous vehicles, my '03 Ram being the worst, in 5 years, it had six Viper module failures. The place that installed them was great, took me right in and fixed it, but they were confused as to why I had such bad luck. The other ones each ate a single module. None of them cost me a dime, but it was still annoying. The one on the Ram had amazing range, like about a half mile!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
welcome to CT :bigthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts