Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new car this morning and all I can say is WOW! My first question of many to come is this. Does anyone know of a dealer in cental Mass that knows how to turn on the DRLs? I bought my car at Lawless in Woburn and they said that my car "didn't have that option". I believe all Challengers can have them turned on.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Welcome, I know 11s have a differant contoller but I'm sure the DRL can be turned on because it's required in Canada and on some fleet cars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do it!

Yes, all the Challengers have the DRLs built into the cars from the factory as it's required by law in Canada - they just don't activate this option on for US-bound cars. When activated, it turns your amber lenses on.

I had mine activated at the local dealership here - literally took 5 minutes. They hook your car up to the scan tool and it's one of the options under one of the tabs within the program - it just has to be set to "DRLs-activated" if I remember correctly. WORD OF CAUTION from a few other threads here in the forum - DO NOT LET them change your country code as it will mess with other settings. The full "step-by-step" instructions are here in the forums if you do a search for DRL. My tech knew exactly what to do and where to go within the settings to turn them on and even let me go back with him to the sop to watch him do it. Best part is he didn't charge me to turn them on since I was there for an oil change and just "asked" about it, knowing ahead of time it could be done and how to do it. :) Just a note - they do not turn on with the parking brake on, so don't expect to see them in the showroom glass reflection when pulling away until you release the brake. My tech said he's heard that once or twice from customers thinking they weren't activated just to find out it was because the parking brake was on. I laughed because that probably would have been me. Also, they are not on when the headlights/autoheadlights are on.

I love the way they look - they just look mean when you pull up behind someone and see your own reflection in their paint. This pic doesn't do it full full justice, but will give you the idea. It really gives the car even more of a presence.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Are the steps the same on 11s? I know that works on prior years but you might have to check with one of the 11 guys or a tech and make sure it hasn't changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts