Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new Cat-Back exhaust prototype from Blastin Bob installed a few days ago. Set-up:
Cat-Back 2 1/2". X-Pipe. Mandrel Bends. Welded 2 Chamber Mufflers.

I did have the Blastin Bob Resonator Delete kit on the car for the past month and it sounded ok, not quite throaty enough for my particular case, but definitely better than stock! There was droning from aprox 2100/2200 rpms thru 2700/2800 rpms. Medium pitched drone but I didn't mind it.

The new kit takes advantage of 2 1/2" pipe straight thru from the cat, so no loss of flow by going from 2 1/2 to 2 1/4 and back to 2 1/2 like i've seen on some exhausts. Also the X pipe looks very clean. Nice job by Bob.

There is a NOTICEABLE change in sound. Much deeper tone now than before. More "Throaty" like a muscle-car should sound!
When driving it in auto-stick mode and coming to a stop light in 2nd gear you can hear the engine growling during decelleration. Sounds awesome. LoL.

Still some droning, though at a much lower tone than before. Also the droning seems to be at 1800/1900 rpms thru 2100/2200 rpms.

Overall, this is the best exhaust I have heard from a RT auto. I am EXTREMELY happy with it! :bigthumb:

I'm trying to get sound and video to post up here. My work schedule is a beotch right now but I'm gonna get it done.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Is it me or does that sound ****ing awesome. :thumbsup: I do not think I have heard this catback before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it me or does that sound ****ing awesome. :thumbsup: I do not think I have heard this catback before.
It's from a local fabricator. "Blastin' Bob". He sells his kits on-site and on-line.
It does sound awesome! Even better in person. That video was taken on a iPhone! LoL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts