Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts
I can only hope this isn't the extent of news for 2020...

A Guy

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
809 Posts
The big news for 2020 is a friggin' blue shakedown stripe???

Say it ain't so Ma! :cry:... :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
14,934 Posts
It's a nicely optioned model, but I doubt if it is a "collectable." Over the past 10 years, there have just been too many "limited edition" Challengers. It's just a gimmick to pump up lagging sales.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Dodge is messing up this iconic car design since 2015. Curvy edges/interiors/donut fender flares and now a one sided curvy hood stripe -???. Time to redesign this car from scratch with hard/straight non-hoaky real muscle car design. This car is turning into the elephant man.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hey A Guy, can you whip up a screen shot of the that old movie w/ Cher in it?

Something to go with the Elephant man comment.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts
Cher? Elephant Man? Mask?

One thing we did get from this new "edition"

Pricing starts at $45,835 and order banks open in September
A Guy

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
15,851 Posts

Pricing starts at $45,835 and order banks open in September.

A Guy
No, buddy. They're still talking 2019. FCA is saying the order banks for the Mopar 19 open in September, they are still saying nothing about the 2020 Challenger.

Or unless we are to believe that the Mopar 19 will actually be a 2020 model lol, man it's getting confusing!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts
If so, then it's even odder that they release this "special edition" so late...makes me wonder who's driving the bus there...

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,380 Posts
Never seen a stripe like that in this lifetime. I actually like it: very unique. With all the various stripes I've seen through the years, it's amazing that Dodge came up with one that looked so different than all the others.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts

·
Registered
15,851 Posts
Never seen a stripe like that in this lifetime.
It's called the Shakedown stripe and it came out mid year 2018 and available on any Shaker, black stripe only until Mopar car which traditionally always have blue stripes.

·
Registered
15,851 Posts
If so, then it's even odder that they release this "special edition" so late...makes me wonder who's driving the bus there...

A Guy
And now after reading the press release again, they have edited out the "order banks open in September" part, I swear it was there before. Guess it doesn't matter, these cars will be 2019's and will be built soon.

2020 press launch supposed to be September 1st .. will it happen?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
And now after reading the press release again, they have edited out the "order banks open in September" part, I swear it was there before. Guess it doesn't matter, these cars will be 2019's and will be built soon.

On a Sunday / holiday weekend, I doubt it, but anything is possible. My guess would be on the 3rd.

Reactions: Slidd

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts

My quote came from here:

And it still says September there

If you like what you see you can order the limited-run models from dealers in September while supplies last. Delivery direct from the factory is expected to begin before the end of the year

It'll be priced at $47,330, with ordering opening in September and vehicles arriving in dealerships in the fourth quarter.

It's getting more expensive at Car And Driver, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
809 Posts
Cher? Elephant Man? Mask?

A Guy
Yes, Mask. That is the movie I was thinking of.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Lord, that's hideous, but, then again, I'm not much of a "stripes" guy, soooooo...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts