Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a 2018 Scat Pack Challenger 6MT after owning a 2017. My dealer believes it was damaged during the build and may need to build a new one. Sucks because go mango is now gone and I have to wait longer. He’s going to call me with the details to confirm but I checked with Dodge and it’s in I build code. Meaning it went through inspection but failed does anyone else have experience with this? Anyone know what to expect?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I wouldn't panic yet. It may have failed inspection for something minor and the holdup could be minimal. Contact FCA and see if they can help with more info. I don't always believe what a dealer tells me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't panic yet. It may have failed inspection for something minor and the holdup could be minimal. Contact FCA and see if they can help with more info. I don't always believe what a dealer tells me.
I tried contacting them and I just get super generic answers. I had to go onto to the Hellcat forum forums to find out what code “I” actually means. So just putting pieces together seems like they might be building a new one

·
Premium Member
9,352 Posts
It could have a ding, a paint blemish, something else that’s not an occurrence on amass production line etc.
I’ve been to the Harley Davidson factory and see things marked and pulled to be replaced or corrected and stops the build that was in process. Hope you get an answer and it’s something on the minor side.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
How much damage can possibly happen that a new car needs to be built?

Probably just something minor as said.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much damage can possibly happen that a new car needs to be built?

Probably just something minor as said.

I don’t know yet but I’m not buying a car that needs to be repaired before it ever leaves the factory.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
Little dings and things probably happens every day, when you're building 900+ cars per day, stuff happens and they fix them and we never know.

See what the dealer can find out and let it come in and check it out. I'm still not convinced it was damaged, keep us posted.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It just means it didn't pass final inspection. Happens all the time. Could just be an adjustment. It doesn't mean it is something serious. Not to get you more upset, but there is more damage done to cars during shipping than there is in the assembly plant.

·
Super Moderator
15,363 Posts
you want the plant to catch the issue and get it sorted out.

That's the purpose of the plant getting final inspection passed. It could be an issue with a module, sub-assembly, or an electrical harness.

·
Premium Member
9,352 Posts
I don’t know yet but I’m not buying a car that needs to be repaired before it ever leaves the factory.
Said they tested the headlights or some other system and it didn’t work, so the are tracking the fault down to a bad harness. If they correct it now, you should have no issue later. No need to not accept the car. I don’t believe they have to tell you anything.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Better to have an issue fixed at the factory (where they know what they're doing) than the dealership where their operations consist of selling, washing and doing oil changes. Plus no waiting for parts since every part is readily available at the factory. Hang in there...., everything will be fine. Go mango is a neat color. Enjoy your ride when you get it.... :smile:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Mods close this thread my buddies and the dealer where messing with me. My car is perfectly fine.
You should tell the dealer that it's too late, you already ordered a Camaro.:surprise::laugh2:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mods close this thread my buddies and the dealer where messing with me. My car is perfectly fine.
You should tell the dealer that it's too late, you already ordered a Camaro./forums/images/ChallengerTalk_2014/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png/forums/images/ChallengerTalk_2014/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png
Haha I should! The three of us went in at the same time to order challengers. So they thought it would be hilarious to freak me out for a few days

1 - 15 of 15 Posts