Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Dodge is now putting the Hood Lifts in the new cars. I just bought a set thinking they were not there but I opened the hood a moment ago for the first time and boom they are installed from the factory now!

I put the ones I have in the for sale section for my cost...but the good news is the bar is gone, not even there and the plastic fascia is not even cut out for the hood rod assembly at all.

This is good news....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Maybe someone from Chrysler actually reads this forum. To me, not putting struts on a car this expensive is unforgiveable. Check your glove boxes, maybe they finally started putting lights in those as well.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Maybe someone from Chrysler actually reads this forum. To me, not putting struts on a car this expensive is unforgiveable. Check your glove boxes, maybe they finally started putting lights in those as well.
I wish they had, my glovebox is still dark :(

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
You know whats funny? Even the Nissan GTR doesn't have hood struts lol. Drop 80k on a car and have to use a pop rod :bigthumb:

·
Registered
287 Posts
To the point about Chrysler lurking on this forum, both GM and Ford are setting the pace on that topic. If you read some of the more prevalent Camaro and Mustang forums, there are reps from GM and Ford that are very visible in responding and helping with issues.

A shame Chrysler does not do the same...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep there their fixing all their problems so the masses can read all the crap these two companies have with some cars...also read how the GM dealerships just tell people to go away iuntil GM steps in, well sort of, depends on if their feeling sympathetic that day. Bah humbug to the Camaro.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For the price of a spent front strut its better than banging your head since they open the hood up all the way. But by the time they are spent if they ever go bad.... divided by the years of ease of use would cost about you 18.3 cents a month over the life of a 10 year old 100k+ car.

Heck that's less than one Dog Treat for fido. :browsmiley:

The op rods suck and I'll tell you why...they are cheap, they all rust at either the pivot point or always at the hoods insert point. They do not open the hood to the maximum point. In additon it only takes one time for you or a buddy to accidentally lift the rod, then slip with greasy hands to have that hood either slam on your head or hand......and I'll tell you that if you've ever had the full force of a hood come down on a hand, you'll use the dictionary of words not present, in full force.

Hood struts are the way to go, and that is why they are in the cars now, because they are reading this/these sites and we know what works. Buy a set if without and you will be elated. Yes they are that good and no heavy lifting of the hood anymore. One slip and I tell you personally you can ruin a good day.

Next time you see another Challenger go buy and the drivers hand is all bandaged up on the wheel...guess what happened. Yes this is supposed to be funny. :browsmiley:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts