Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Legendary DJ Funkmaster Flex commissioned this build, which makes its debut today at SEMA

What happens when you don't think a new Dodge Challenger is quite retro enough? You get someone to stick the body of an old muscle car on top. Legendary DJ Funkmaster Flex got New York City shop Valanca Auto Concepts to do exactly that, and the company made him a new Challenger Hellcat with bodywork that apes a 1969 Charger.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/sema-show/a24440356/1969-dodge-charger-hellcat-funkmaster-flex-sema-2018/

·
Registered
403 Posts
oh yes!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It's cool but I wish they would have shown a full on side view of the car. Something is wonky about the roof line and rear side window. The front and rear look ok but the greenhouse does not look right. Anyway, pretty cool but I would rather have an actual 68-70 body on it. Or maybe I'm just blind lol..

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,849 Posts
Minus the red wheels, and 4 exhaust tips in the center, that's pretty close to awesome

A Guy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wheels are bad. Car is great.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,849 Posts
The rear "bumper" Where the "bolts holding it on" are the backup sensors is a great touch :)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I think get a hold of Mark Warman [Graveyard Cars ]have him build a Real 69 Charger/Challenger and stick that 426 Hellephant in there and you are good to go.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
49 Posts
Never happen

Nope: Dodge couldn't possibly do this. The accountants and hip, young execs know that what Challenger owners REALLY want is a small, high-mileage car with the popular egg shape made famous by Hyundai that has become the international standard and only option for all makes and models. Challenger owners are more than happy to give up raw power for an efficient four cylinder and maybe even a hybrid, full electric or just a bicycle with knobby tires.

In fact, Challenger owners really just want a Dart. With a red stripe.

And that's all we're going to give you.

Because we know better what you want than you do.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
THIS is what they should have done in 2008 instead of the Challenger. 60's/70's Charger was always a more bad-assed muscle car than the Challenger. That 4-door sedan that soiled the Charger legacy in 2006 should have been the Monaco, Polara or some other legacy sedan name.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2dr Hellcat Charger

I talked to one of the Dodge engineers at the Columbus Auto Show a few years back and asked him about a 68 Charger body car. He said they looked at it but something about the front and passing safety standards made it difficult. I don't know if he really knew what he was talking about, but I didn't argue the point. This was a few years back, maybe 5 years ago. I'm sure if they wanted to, they could make it happen. I would march straight to the dealer and be in line for one if it ever happens.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
clevelandpap.com/69-dodge-charger-hellcat-gallery/
(I can't hot link it since my post count is not high enough)

These guys had the same idea. Something looks "off" on this one too.
And I hate the paint color & wheels.
What is off is the wheel base and overall length, this needs to be fixed for it to look like the original. 0:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts