Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that our cars are the last hold-overs from the old LX Platform interiors, I'm looking forward to seeing what the revamped 2015 interior will look like

I'm curious as to what folks' specific wishlists are from the interior , here is my little list

1. The updated Uconnect system. I would be absolutely shocked if this is not done in 2015. I took the wife to look at the new Cherokee this past weekend, and I have to say that checking out the new system and going back to my SRT felt like going from playing Call of Duty on a 60" LED screen to a 1996 Gameboy.

2. Higher quality materials - This is probably my biggest gripe. I tend to forgive / ignore this a lot but if I had to be honest, the dash/trim materials have more in common with a 10 year old Neon than a 50K top of the line modern muscle car.

3. Vented seats - I live in New Mexico , that is all :)

4. Turn indicator lights that are not totally hidden by the steering wheel

5. Don't over-do it as far as design . In some ways I love the simplicity of the Challenger interior, It may be austere but it feels like a real car. I dont mind the miles of "empty space" on the dash, as long as the quality of the materials is good. I would not want a Dart interior that was made larger, keep it looking like a Challenger, update the tech, higher quality materials and some tweaking here and there .

Will be really interesting to see how radical (or not) the redesigned interior will look like .

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I am sure the interior will fall into the other newer Chrysler products like the Dart and the coming 200. It might simply resemble what is in the current Charger since they are of the same platform. It all depends on how much $$ they had to spend for an interior that will last two to three model years is all. This is what RS has stated is coming:

2015 What's New:

New: "LA" series, major refresh
New: All-new interior
New: 6.2L Supercharged engine (SRT Hellcat)
New: 8-spd transmissions
New: Refreshed front and rear fascias
New: Halo headlamps
New: LED split taillamps
New: 2nd generation 8.4" radios (RA2, RA3, RA4)
New: Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
New: Selectable drive modes (SRT)
New: Customizable color TFT instrument cluster display
New: Dual zone climate control
New: "ecall" - one-touch 911 access, Roadside Assistance Services & crash notification
New: Advanced Performance Pages screens (SRT only)
New: Remote lock/unlock doors, start vehicle, flash lights from any distance via the web or a smartphone app
New: 3rd generation flexible Uconnect radio platform with voice recognition technology for handsfree mobile phone, music, texting and navigation operation
New: ParkView rear backup camera
New: HD Radio
New: All-new electrical architecture system

·
Registered
53 Posts
Was the biggest reason I ordered a 2014.I really like the new Dodge interiors a lot, and I am sure they will have nicer materials,but wanted to make sure I got something a little more retro.Was afraid that all the new interiors might look a little too much the same.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Interior wishes? Better materials, more colors. The current interior looks 2005 and it's got way too much black.

Otherwise, move that stupid console OR shave 3" off that huge trunk and give it to the rear passengers for foot room. That would make the car much more versatile for people.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The '15 Challenger interior will look similar to the '15 Chrysler 200 interior, minus a few pieces in these pics -- Is This The Interior Of The 2015 Chrysler 200?
Looks like it will be difficult to incorporate a shifter in that console, auto or 6speed. If that's the future of the Challenger interior I don't like it, JMO. the dash looks like its got a Chrysler 300 grille in it with a big screen stuck in the middle. I know everyone wants bigger radio screens because of all the technology out there but really all it does is add to driver distraction, I like the simplicity of my current Challenger SRT and haven't had any issues with it and I'm on my 3rd Challenger right now, I have been holding back on this car as far as mods waiting to see what 2015 had to offer, I'm actually hoping for a Dark Forest Green or Dark Brown but if there going to change the interior that much I think I'll keep my Hemi Orange 13

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Looks like it will be difficult to incorporate a shifter in that console, auto or 6speed. If that's the future of the Challenger interior I don't like it, JMO.
The '15 Challenger interior will look similar to the '15 Chrysler 200 interior, minus a few pieces in these pics -- Is This The Interior Of The 2015 Chrysler 200?
The key words are in bold.

Also, that 2015 Challenger Information Thread is a gold mine for information :thumbsup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Anything that doesn't scratch when you brush against it is an improvement.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, better materials seem to be the consensus
I've had friends who were not real car enthusiasts comment on how great the exterior of the car looks, and amazed at how cheap and bland the interior looks.
If we are just talking about a copy of the new Charger interior, I would be pretty disappointed .

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New: Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
That's for chumps .
This vehicle has taught me advanced rear and side mirror skills, not to mention a large degree of faith in a higher power when switching lanes or backing up .

Reactions: SRT8.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Was the biggest reason I ordered a 2014.I really like the new Dodge interiors a lot, and I am sure they will have nicer materials,but wanted to make sure I got something a little more retro.Was afraid that all the new interiors might look a little too much the same.
+1, this right here. I hope they keep some square retro muscle feel. I would like to see the updated uconnect and dual climate controls, better performance pages, etc.. But hope they don't over do the Dart similarities and keep some square accents and retro dials.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts