Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger Scatpack Torred
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some quick responses as I'm going in tomorrow to finalize on a deal. I live in Canada, and am upgrading from my 5.7L V8 to 6.4L. The big comparison is between a 2016 Challenger Shaker, Scat Pack 392 (22K KM Mileage). Which is a beautiful car, however it doesn't come fully loaded and by that I mean no NAV. I was excited about using a TAZER with this model to unlock some options though and was going to replace the whole 8.4" UConnect with a new 17 UConnect with NAV system.

Orr......

2015 Challenger SRT 392 (15K Mileage). With NAV and all options. But older year and costs me an additional $2-3K more. The older car will also mean warranty leaves me sooner, but I love the SRT badging and special options. In a real dilemma. Please help!

Waiting on your responses guys.

By the way both cars are torred colour!

All responses are well appreciated! Thanks!:wink3::canada:

·
Registered
173 Posts
SRT the 15s is the year they really redid everything and the 16s are almost exactly the same. And really with the couple Grand more you're getting your money worth, especially if there's less miles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
15 SRT but also love the Shaker. Wheel size with 275's, nav, interior, SRT modes and options pages. I had the same dilemma cause I loved the Shaker, but I bought a 16 SRT. Such a comfortable ride. However it's really personal and what's important to you. In closing I now have a 16 Hellcat and that's a whole other story. Good luck, you can't go wrong!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol excellent story man. Thanks a lot. Makes things much clearer. Leaning towards SRT now

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I loved mine. The larger wheels enabled me to put 305's on the rear and that really helped traction. The Shaker with 9" rims will not really allow that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay so I went to the dealership and they were messing around with me. Was going to cost me a total of $5500 more in cash for the SRT. I walked out and picked up the Shaker Scat Pack in torred!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,840 Posts
I'm going to say Shaker :D Congrats, pictures or it didn't happen ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congrats on your car. Post pictures.

Also, this is a pet peeve of mine, but can you please enlighten us with WHERE you are in Canada? It's a big effing country and I hate fulfilling the stereotype that somehow the second biggest country in the world (by landmass) somehow isn't as geographically diverse as the US.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hahaha. Thanks a lot guys. From Toronto. I did get it. Pictures are going up in two days when the rain stops and the sun comes out. P.S. can't wait for my TAZER this scat pack is going to rock!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats!

I was actually going to ask, isn't the fully optioned out 392 scat pack shaker basically the same as the SRT? Sounds like you got the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats!

I was actually going to ask, isn't the fully optioned out 392 scat pack shaker basically the same as the SRT? Sounds like you got the best of both worlds!
True. There are a few upgrade differences, like the steering wheel, suspensions, brakes, rotors and tires. But test drove the SRT. Doesn't impress as much as people say between the scat pack. Tazer will give me SRT pages, I'm pretty happy with my decision. Going to use the 5k I didn't spend towards 2017 Uconnect 8.4, Tazer and winter beater car.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts