Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting a challenger for a couple of years now, was planning on buying in the spring, but got a good deal on a new '10 model. Black R/T classic, auto, sunroof delete, super track pack, sound group II - the exact option combo I wanted!

It looks amazing, I fell in love with the R/T classic model at first sight a couple years ago. Thought about an SRT8 more recently, but the R/T makes more sense for me. This is my daily driver so the gas mileage bump will help, and its quick enough for driving around town. Well, at least for now.

I've owned a couple of camaros and more recently a BMW M3, but I have to say that this is the best looking car I've ever owned by far. My first MOPAR too!

Very happy to be part of the challenger owner's club.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats on the new car!

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Welcome to the club. One thing you didnt know about though, you just became a Rock Star, enjoy your new status.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Congrats. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the club. One thing you didnt know about though, you just became a Rock Star, enjoy your new status.
Yeah, I've already had 2 dudes come up to me with the "dude your car rocks routine." Pretty cool.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Welcome, and IMO, the "RT Classic" is the best looking production car to come off an assembly line.

Enjoy it

·
Registered
207 Posts
tell us more about ur experience with Rt after u drove m3 and rest of them..what is the differents, what's ur thoughts about new ride

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jack, and congrats on your new Classic R/T and first Mopar.

Do you have the white stripes or black ones?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the forum Jack, and congrats on your new Classic R/T and first Mopar.

Do you have the white stripes or black ones?
It came with the black ones but I'll probably replace with white, or maybe even red after seeing the '11 R/T pics released by Dodge with that combo. I like the stripes being more visible, IMO it helps lengthen the car which looks better to me.

Nice looking car there btw!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
tell us more about ur experience with Rt after u drove m3 and rest of them..what is the differents, what's ur thoughts about new ride
The Challenger is the first car I've bought with form taking precedence over function. In other words, I know that it doesn't perform as well as many cars on the road, but it looks so good I don't care. For that matter, this car is going to be my daily driver and thus more of a cruiser than a racer. I won't lie, the M3 was a pretty outstanding car at almost everything, quick, well-built, reliable, functional (i.e. good sized trunk, daughter could easily climb into the backseat, etc.). However, I've wanted a Challenger since 2008 and I'm happy that I made the change. I think the Challenger is going to be a great car in most regards too.

Power delivery is much different on the Challenger than the M3, much more usable with the torque curve being larger and lower in the rpms. I'm impressed with the build quality of the Challenger, doors feel lighter and close better than the M3. I love the sound system of the challenger (got sound group II), the satellite radio, the ipod connect; my M3 was a 2004 and didn't have any of those things.

Handling wise, the M3 was much more nimble as it should be weighting 600 lbs less, but the challenger isn't bad considering its size.... and I've got the super track pack. That being said, I haven't pushed the challenger much in the corners yet... but I will. I have a couple of really nice sweepers close to my house, one a 55 mph or so corner, the other a 100+ mph corner. The M3 ate them up, I'll proceed a little more cautiously with my new baby for a while.

All in all, Challenger stacks up well all things considered. And it has already proven to get more compliments and thumbs up!

And I'm proud to have bought a new car from Dodge and do my part to get the domestic manufacturers on the path back to the top.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got a similar Classic R/T with the black stripes. I love the "ghost look" I agree with you jack 100% this is also one of the first cars I bought for form over practicality. I love the reaction of people around me. I had it at a hotel that required Valet parking and the valets all drooled over the car. They decided to keep it parked up front on the ramp. I figure impressing guys who see 70,000-100,000 BMWs and MBs says something. The M3 might be a different level of performance, but it certainly doesn't turn heads like the Challenger

1 - 18 of 18 Posts