Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger SXT 100 Anniv
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,
I bought a 2014 Challenger SXT 100th Anniv. Edition in September. It was my first new car purchase since I'm only 24 and just got a real job. The car is Header Orange which i love (some people hate.) I'm looking for ideas, opinions, and or experiences with guys who have been in my shoes with their challengers in the past. I didn't buy the car for racing. (doesn't mean i don't like opening up the car.) I think i was really looking for a car i could just enjoy.

Here are a couple of things I was thinking about doing.
Tinted Windows
Cold Air Intake
1/2inch painted pinstripe on upper bodyline and on hood lines that make a V almost.
Exhaust Modification
Halo Headlights like the 15's
*Maybe a tuner down the road when I can put out more money.

Im looking for opinions on what you would do first if you were me and couldn't dump all your money into the car right now.
Im thinking maybe one or two things this summer to upgrade would be a nice start.

Thanks,
Somewhere in PA

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Welcome aboard! You're about the same age as me, also with a 100th Anniv. Challenger :thumbsup:

There's a metric sh!tton of stuff to do to these cars. Got a long list myself. Is yours a manual or an auto? Barton shifter is a lot of people's first upgrade if you have the stick, otherwise a lot do Mopar Stage 1 springs, an exhaust, intake, or a tuner.

Where in PA are you?

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Just start with what you like best. There is no best first upgrade. It's your car have fun.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger SXT 100 Anniv
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an automatic. Im from right outside of Philadelphia, P.A.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I always tint the windows on my car in the first week of ownership. I can't drive right without tint. Also the thin black stripe down the side would be very sharp. As noted above, a set of Stage 1 springs would give it the stance these cars should've come with from the factory.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Hey Everybody,
I bought a 2014 Challenger SXT 100th Anniv. Edition in September. It was my first new car purchase since I'm only 24 and just got a real job. The car is Header Orange which i love (some people hate.) I'm looking for ideas, opinions, and or experiences with guys who have been in my shoes with their challengers in the past. I didn't buy the car for racing. (doesn't mean i don't like opening up the car.) I think i was really looking for a car i could just enjoy.

Here are a couple of things I was thinking about doing.
Tinted Windows
Cold Air Intake
1/2inch painted pinstripe on upper bodyline and on hood lines that make a V almost.
Exhaust Modification
Halo Headlights like the 15's
*Maybe a tuner down the road when I can put out more money.

Im looking for opinions on what you would do first if you were me and couldn't dump all your money into the car right now.
Im thinking maybe one or two things this summer to upgrade would be a nice start.

Thanks,
Somewhere in PA
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Car looks great! :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts