Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My name is Whit and I just ordered a 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus with the MOPAR Super Track Pack. The car is "scheduled for production" and I should get it at the dealership early next month. I want to spend about $6000 + to make this car really fast. I do not know much about cars (not a car wrench head guy) because I race motorcycles and spend all my extra cash going to the tracks around the S.E. People ask me what I want in HP for the car and I tell them 500+. I want the car to be faster than the SRT8 but it will still be my commuter back and forth to work. :spineyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for some guys locally to help me with the mods on the car and the advice where to start on the aftermarket performance parts. Can we ever get this car in to the mid 10's for the quarter with a budget of $6000-$7000? Remember, I have some of the "bottom end" covered with the MOPAR Super Track Pack installed.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like speed and I have the twisties covered with the motorcycle business. I am interested in making this the fastest straight line "street" car in my small town. I need to be faster than my brother-in-law who just bought a 2014 Vett Stingray. He has about 420HP. LOL With the weight difference I guess I need about 570HP.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Welcome aboard! Good luck with the waiting process, that's the hardest part!

Just a side note: The 2014 stingray packs about 460 bhp, unless you are talking RWHP?

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
The 398 cam swap can be done for around $2000 maybe? Parts are around $800, the labor is the rest. Start there. Plenty of threads on here talking about it.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts