Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just recently bought a 2019 Dodge Challenger SXT RWD. I'm wanting to change out my factory wheels and tire size for some new ones. I currently have 235/55/18 and was wondering if I will be able to upgrade to 245/45/20's so I can purchase some 20x9's.

Not the biggest tire guru so I figured you guys could help me out and point me in the right direction.

Preciate the insight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Big,
I’m a newer Challenger owner myself and had the same question you did. What I found out is yes you can upgrade to a 235/45/20.
The lug pattern is the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess what I mean to be asking is can I replace my factory stock wheels with 20x9 wheels?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
you can safely swap out for anything factory charger/challenger set up (except widebody wheels/tires)..so moving up as large as 275's on 20" factory scatpack, hellcat rims is easily done.
R/T wheels as well, but you wont be able to safely run 275s as they are a touch narrower. There are plenty of options in factory wheel sets, expecially on the used/new take off market which can save you a decent amount of $.
If going aftermarket, pay close attention to offset and getting the right combo will allow you to go a tad larger but not a whole lot, particualrly in the front.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,759 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) 245s on 20x9 will work. 275/40R20 will also work on 20x9, same height

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,708 Posts
With your new 20 X 9 inch wheels, you may want to go the "old school" staggered look and install 245/45-20s on the front and wider 275/40-20s on the rear. That is what I have on my SRT (see photo).

Also, one of the best tire buys for your money is the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 ultra high performance all-season tire. It looks and performs great. Check out the following link containing some reviews.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Guys,
I have the same question. I've just got my new Challanger GT AWD, the factory wheels are 19' but I'd like to mount 20' on my Challenger. Do you know if it's ok, or for AWD you should stik to 19'?

thanks

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
115 Posts
Any update now that you have some miles on them?
I was just pricing these out vs BFG and General.

With your new 20 X 9 inch wheels, you may want to go the "old school" staggered look and install 245/45-20s on the front and wider 275/40-20s on the rear. That is what I have on my SRT (see photo).

Also, one of the best tire buys for your money is the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 ultra high performance all-season tire. It looks and performs great. Check out the following link containing some reviews.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
179 Posts
245/45/20 will fit on 20x8 Wheels as well. Thats what i had on my RT stock. Ive since got some 20x9 and my 20x8 are for sale.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,434 Posts
As for the couple of people with AWD, the answer is a resounding NO, you cannot swap "normal" RWD 20" wheels on, the offset is totally different, they will be sticking out quite a bit, and the wheel bearing load will be off as well.
You can swap 17s/18s/20s fairly any way you want (but not going smaller up front if you have the big brake options)
But all of the AWD cars (Charger/Challenger/300) come with 19" only, and none of the RWD come with 19". Those have a different offset, and I assume they do it that way with the 19" is to make it obvious which wheels can swap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts