Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Challenger R/T Plus 100 Anniv
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Challenger last October, it is my first new car and I am new in the world of cars. I know a little about them, but not a whole lot. Looking for some knowledge on this site for the best parts for the car as well as the best way to go about fixing and modding the car. I am from the northwest suburbs of Chicago, and am really excited to get my car back on the road this summer!

Some things I want to do to my Challenger in the near future (spring or summer time):

• Cold air intake
  • Cat back exhaust
  • Performance chip
Eventually I want to get it supercharged, but that is for another day, another year.

If anyone has any suggestions on what parts to buy I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,826 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Challenger.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Welcome to CT from Michigan

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,235 Posts
Welcome to the best source for the answers you seek.

First, it would help for you to reference the year and model of your car, and whether manual or automatic.

Second, familiarize yourself with the various forums on this site; there's separate ones for interior and exterior mods, performance mods, wheels, etc. Within each forum are various threads on many, many topics. Some may address specific questions you have, others may give you ideas you hadn't thought of yet.

First thing I would do is install a catch can. What kind and how much are up to you; there are a multitude of threads on this topic alone.

You reference a catback exhaust; this leads me to believe you have a pre-2015 Challenger, as most with 2015s are adequately satisfied with the active exhaust this MY comes with. This is why some basic information would be helpful...

...and finally, PICTURES! We've all seen Challengers, most of us own Challengers (d' uh), but we always like to see each member's ride (and gives you a platform for showing it off).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the best source for the answers you seek.

First, it would help for you to reference the year and model of your car, and whether manual or automatic.

Second, familiarize yourself with the various forums on this site; there's separate ones for interior and exterior mods, performance mods, wheels, etc. Within each forum are various threads on many, many topics. Some may address specific questions you have, others may give you ideas you hadn't thought of yet.

First thing I would do is install a catch can. What kind and how much are up to you; there are a multitude of threads on this topic alone.

You reference a catback exhaust; this leads me to believe you have a pre-2015 Challenger, as most with 2015s are adequately satisfied with the active exhaust this MY comes with. This is why some basic information would be helpful...

...and finally, PICTURES! We've all seen Challengers, most of us own Challengers (d' uh), but we always like to see each member's ride (and gives you a platform for showing it off).

Thanks for the tips! I have all the info on my profile, but yeah, better put more info on the post!

So its an automatic 2014 Challenger R/T 100th anniversary edition. It was the last Challenger on the lot, last 100th anniversary edition around me, and I fell in love. I couldn't pass it up even though it wasn't manual.

This is my first forum of any kind, so it will most likely take me a while to figure things out.

Like I said, ANY TIPS are more than welcome. Thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, I am lucky enough to have a daily driver, so I do not have to drive it in the salt and snow!

But I get too giddy and I drive it anyways. Always give it a wash afterwards though. I'm not going to let this baby rust!

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I have to second the oil catch can...that should be #1 on your list!

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Welcome from Pa!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts