Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls.
I'm new to this thread thing so bear with me. I got my scat pack around fathers day this year a 2019. Jacked it up tonight to do a mid muffler delete and noticed a drop of oil at the rear main location at less than 10 thousand miles. Any one seen this ?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
21,559 Posts
Welcome from California ;) I'm going to copy your post to the General discussion area, since this is the introduction area, and likely gets less views. If you are able to get a picture or 2 and add it to the copied post/thread, it will help people help you

A Guy

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey guys and girls.
I'm new to this thread thing so bear with me. I got my scat pack around fathers day this year a 2019. Jacked it up tonight to do a mid muffler delete and noticed a drop of oil at the rear main location at less than 10 thousand miles. Any one seen this ?
Unusual but can happen. After you get a pic of it clean the area and see if it comes back/try to get an idea of leak rate. Any mods?

Can be tough to differentiate between engine oil and trans oil, they can look similar when in & around the 8-sp bellhousing. Pics would help.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,271 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last night I did clean. This pic is from earlier today. No mods on the car at all. Its definitely oil
20191224_151730.jpg

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yes that's oil...engine or trans, tough to say from the pic. Given the apparent clarity of that one drop I'd guess trans but could be either.

While not a common problem it doesn't really matter for you unfortunately, get your dealer to look at & fix that soon. Sucky situation but they should be able to make it right w/out too much of a hassle.

G'luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts