Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,975 Posts
A tint shop here also sells some kind of clear anti UV front windshield "tint" that supposedly keeps the car cooler by rejecting the hot sun rays...anyone have a clue about that?
Yes, something like this

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
69 Posts
Yes, that is the brand I saw. I wonder if anyone has any experience with that product. I use folding sunshades, but this product seems to also work when you are actually driving. I will have to look up the approximate cost.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,975 Posts
It rejects 99% of UV and like 43-60% heat (depends on level). Been out more than 5 years

A Guy

·
Registered
41 Posts
My dealership said without explicit direction they are told never to install any front plate on any Challenger.
I have no plate for 8 years in a state where it’s required and never a word said.
After not having a front plate on for over 13 years i gotten pulled over twice for not having a front plate on my Grand Am. It was just a warning the first time but later on when I worked near Chicago I was pulled over and ticketed $35 for not having a front plate. I had a made a wire bracket but it tore the plate apart but since they were nearly 16 year old plates the state gave me new ones and I ended up drilling holes in the front. Wasn't happy about it but better than getting pulled over again. My Challenger has the front plate bracket and the dealer put the plates on both front and rear.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
285 Posts
The Sto n Sho is great way to mount the plate. If I get pulled over or am about to get cited for not having the front plate, I will simply pull it out of the trunk and put it on saying, sorry, I forgot to put it back on.

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
69 Posts
Not only do we require a front plate here in Hawaii, we require a safety check sticker on the rear right side of the bumper..but lately I have seen small plates hanging off the rear plate vertically or even mounted under the bumper, and the cops seem okay with that... It sucks when they put the sticker on the bumper (right side) sometimes its crooked, it just looks unsightly on the car, and when its time to remove/replace the sticker annually, the tech scrapes away at the sticker right on your paint. Like on my motorcycle, I am making an aluminum tab that attaches to the bolts of the rear plate for this said sticker.

·
Registered
2018 PCP Challenger Scat Pack w/dynamics
125 Posts
Well I guess it depends on what you’re trying to do in the long run. I personally installed subs, got super dark tint, did a muffler and resonator delete, then upgraded the tires (nitto nt555r 275’s in front, 315’s in the rear). Upgrading to kooks long tube headers next weekend, and plan to install a catch can eventually.

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
217 Posts
AAAND, I did it. In an effort to further torture myself and make the waiting worse, I officially pulled the trigger on my first 2 mods so that once they arrive I can just stare at them and imagine myself installing them on a Challenger I don't have yet.

Got a UPR Catch Can on Amazon since I had my $100 gift card I needed to use and got the AFE intake plus headlight tube on Summit since they're having a sale on them this weekend.

Can't pre-buy the window tint lol, but will be scoping out a shop this week for it since I need a state inspection done on my truck and the inspection shop I go to is a tinting shop as well.

And no point in pre-buying my front tires, I'll just do that as soon as I have my car and should be able to setup the appointment at Discount Tire first couple days I have my car.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T, 6 Speed
27 Posts
Catch can is a must on the Hemi's in my opinion.

Manual or automatic? If manual a Barton shifter and synchromax.

Break it in, change your fluids out and use the SRT oil filer.

ZL1 add-ons pinch weld adapters. There are knock offs on Amazon for half the price but the ZL1 guys designed them so morally that is the more ethical route. Plus the ZL1 add on guys are great. If you plan on tracking they have an excellent tow hood/license plate receiver as well.

Strut braces are a pretty popular "early mod" for these cars.

Hellcat lower airbox and headlight tube. The AFE tube is a bit cheaper than the mopar tube and seems to fit a bit more securely.

Get a Tazer and the double bypass. That will keep you occupied for a while as you figure out all your hidden options.

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Catch can is a must on the Hemi's in my opinion.

Manual or automatic? If manual a Barton shifter and synchromax.

Break it in, change your fluids out and use the SRT oil filer.

ZL1 add-ons pinch weld adapters. There are knock offs on Amazon for half the price but the ZL1 guys designed them so morally that is the more ethical route. Plus the ZL1 add on guys are great. If you plan on tracking they have an excellent tow hood/license plate receiver as well.

Strut braces are a pretty popular "early mod" for these cars.

Hellcat lower airbox and headlight tube. The AFE tube is a bit cheaper than the mopar tube and seems to fit a bit more securely.

Get a Tazer and the double bypass. That will keep you occupied for a while as you figure out all your hidden options.
Good stuff, and lots of 'down the road' ideas.

I am a bit OCD on my oil changes. Call it what you want, but I have two 300k+ original motor vehicles right now. So regarding the SRT oil filter...what makes it special? I have always been partial to WIX oil filters and frequent oil changes.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,975 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: RWL11

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The plate on the front: Zip ties into the lower grill is my cheapo solution vs the sto and sho. Works fine, no drilling required and it leaves a cleaner appearance to the bumper. Best part it cost you virtually NOTHING to try it out and see if the appearance is "OK" for you as has been for me. If so GREAT......if not you just cut the ties and go with something else instead.

As for first changes......I went with the catch can.

Next up wheels and tires for the back of the car. Heavy car lots of torque from the 392 equals ridiculous traction issues that make the car WORTHLESS on a launch from a standing start on the street with the stock 9.5" wheel and 275 Pirelli tires. If you're getting the 245s I can only imagine how much worse they would be. An 11" wheel and 315s help a lot. Still not perfect but way better and honestly the staggered appearance is a winner in my view too.

I've had my car since April of 2018 so this is my 3rd summer with the car. I'm actually surprised how little I've changed vs the many changes I'd made by this time in my last car. Dodge got this one mostly "right" and it needs very little IMO beyond fixing the traction problems.

This year the only change is
a nifty little shifter ball to replace the less than satisfying standard shifter grip.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have a Scat Pack Shaker on order, comments about the progress are in a different post on this forum. While that waiting game is playing out, the next best thing is to start planning mods for post-delivery. I am looking for the requisite bolt-on mods which are 'better sooner than later' mods. Performance & appearance mods are further down the road. Here is what I have come up with:

1) Catch can. Seems that custombilletstore.net is the preferred vendor to purchase from, correct?

2) Rock Guards. I do live up a gravel lane out in the country. Not sure whether OEM or aftermarket is better. Suggestions?

3) Sto-n-Go License plate bracket. I specifically ordered the car without a front plate bracket so that the dealership lot lackeys don’t find it in the trunk and think they need to start drilling the bumper.

4) Jack adapters for the pinch welds. Suggestions?

That’s the list of must-have’s I have uncovered to limit incidental wear & damage. What am I missing?

Thanks,
-Eric
Gravel lane? I hope you mean just your driveway.......if it's the actual road leading up to your home....YIKES!!!

That and dirt roads equal beater box Pick up trucks for me. I couldn't ever do it with a car I actually care about. How far do you have to travel on 'em.........a creep in for a short distance seems easy enough to avoid the damage but I'm unaware of anything that can protect any car from dirt and rocks thown up by the tires at normal driving at even low 25 to 30MPH speeds.

I did install the OEM little splash guards to help with the idea of just the little crap on any black top surface but they probably would be less than effective, to say the very least, for what you probably need.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T, 6 Speed
27 Posts
SRT filter is made by Wix. It's a good one too. Stock Mopar is made by Purolator i believe. SRT one has a slightly higher capacity, better filter media, better deainback valve and a higher bypass pressure. SRT engineers recommend it for track usage on the Hemi engines or as just an upgrade over the stock filter. I believe it is the filter off the latest Viper. PN on it is 5038041AA

Good stuff, and lots of 'down the road' ideas.

I am a bit OCD on my oil changes. Call it what you want, but I have two 300k+ original motor vehicles right now. So regarding the SRT oil filter...what makes it special? I have always been partial to WIX oil filters and frequent oil changes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congrats on the new car. You didn't mention if it was the wide body or not. If not, I would recomend the dodge molded splash guards. If it is a WB, I'd recommend the ZL1 deluxe. I also live on a gravel road.

If it is a WB, get PPF installed on the flares ASAP. They take a beating quickly. I also like 1/2 PPF the front.

Catch can is a must, good call.

As noted, the are a bazillion brand's of ceramic. the most important step is paint correction. It's the most important part of the system. Then never go through a carwash again. It voids most ceramic warranties.

The HC airbox mod is a nice upgrade. Taking the cap off the headlight, not much fun on the newer cars. 2 torqs screws vs. Clips.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 46 Posts