Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 challenger SXT blacktop edition. I found a 2019 plum crazy challenger GT with only 13 miles at a dodge dealership near me. I am on the fence regarding trading my car in for the plum crazy challenger. Need opinions from the forum members. I have 32,000 miles on my car with no issues or problems. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
159 Posts
No offense, but if you're scared, say you're scared. If you are in the right position, get what you want!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Donniet53

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
If you can find enough about the GT to make you take the loss on the SXT...and can afford it...I'm biased toward the Blacktop ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
170 Posts
I would hold off. Unless your reasoning is like you live in an area where it snows heavily and AWD is a necessity to drive the car year around.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,522 Posts
It's plumb crazy purple what more needs to be said :giggle:

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
170 Posts
Ahhh.... that would be a tough one then. I know it is totally emotional, but someone said that the color is the most important option of all. The reason I dove to snatch a 2019 leftover was the color. Initially, I was going to wait until 2020 or later, but I learned that Plum Crazy and Sublime (two of THE colors) were to be discontinued. Hellrasin ain't the same as Plum Crazy! I was torn between Plum Crazy and Sublime, but the fact that I was scavenging and did not have much of a choice anyway made it easy for me :)

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,203 Posts
I have a 2018 challenger SXT blacktop edition. I found a 2019 plum crazy challenger GT with only 13 miles at a dodge dealership near me. I am on the fence regarding trading my car in for the plum crazy challenger. Need opinions from the forum members. I have 32,000 miles on my car with no issues or problems. Thanks for your input.
The cars have pretty much the same specs regarding hp/torque/etc.

You are going to take a pretty big hit on the 2018 car regarding trade in with 32K miles. And with the new 2019 you reset how much you can lose to depreciation back up to a higher level.

All in all a pretty expensive transaction for essentially a color change.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
Yeah, but he could already have Black, which negates your point :p he also didn't say the GT is AWD or RWD

A Guy

Reactions: Pioneer4x4

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
he also didn't say the GT is AWD or RWD

A Guy
Bingo!

I was just going to comment on that. When the GT first came out, it was AWD. Now it can AWD or RWD. Dodge has so muddled the lines between trim levels now.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Unless there is a distinct advantage to having AWD where you live (assuming this GT has AWD and isn't RWD), save your money. It isn't worth taking on the extra debt for something as emotional as a color you like better. Honestly, you'd probably spend less money getting a color-matched wrap for your current car, or even getting your car repainted with the factory color.

Now, if you find a Plum Crazy SXT that's around the same age and miles as your car, that will be a much more understandable and smart trade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts