Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Ok, I am totally new to this. I did figure out how to rip my CD's to a USB stick but not sure about the settings that will give the best audio quality on my HK system when it gets here. Here are the RIP settings I am using for Format and Audio quality (these were default settings). Should I change these? I also don't understand what "lossless" means. Tech is probably my weakest field of knowledge (partly because I don't care for it and avoid it like the plague). Thanks for any help!
:unsure::confused:

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,420 Posts
Ok, I am totally new to this. I did figure out how to rip my CD's to a USB stick but not sure about the settings that will give the best audio quality on my HK system when it gets here. Here are the RIP settings I am using for Format and Audio quality (these were default settings). Should I change these? I also don't understand what "lossless" means. Tech is probably my weakest field of knowledge (partly because I don't care for it and avoid it like the plague). Thanks for any help!
First, on the second screen choose MP3, that will universally work. On the first screen 128 is fine, higher is always better, if you have thousands of songs and want them all available, choose that (but you really don't want thousands of songs). 196 is great, and only 50% bigger files. To me anything bigger just takes longer to copy, and I know I'll never hear the difference, and there are some older things that can't handle the high bit rate stuff like 320.
But try some out at different setting, nothing to hurt. I really try to limit what songs I put on a device to put in the car, I know that anytime I listen, I end up skipping 3/4 or more of them anyway looking for a "good one".

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
First, on the second screen choose MP3, that will universally work. On the first screen 128 is fine, higher is always better, if you have thousands of songs and want them all available, choose that (but you really don't want thousands of songs). 196 is great, and only 50% bigger files. To me anything bigger just takes longer to copy, and I know I'll never hear the difference, and there are some older things that can't handle the high bit rate stuff like 320.
But try some out at different setting, nothing to hurt. I really try to limit what songs I put on a device to put in the car, I know that anytime I listen, I end up skipping 3/4 or more of them anyway looking for a "good one".
Thanks. Yeah, I'm really picky about music and just have some favorites for cruisin. I might put 10 or 15 CD's (max) on a 2GB USB stick so I don't think space will be a problem. I'll try some at different bit rates and see if I can tell the difference.

145 Posts
I will probably be happy enough with the XM Sirius as that appears to be the easiest to do. Just listen. But once I learn about flash drives and how to use my home computer to copy CD's and music maybe I will go further.
You should be alright. All those sorting out the file format and tweaking the player's equalizer are for those with very picky ears. I'm sure you won't really notice that much difference when you're driving

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
You should be alright. All those sorting out the file format and tweaking the player's equalizer are for those with very picky ears. I'm sure you won't really notice that much difference when you're driving
uNLESS I can't hear factory Harmon Kardon 18 speaker system over factory exhaust.😋

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,948 Posts
So the new Challengers DO NOT come with a CD player only usb ports. Now I have all these CDs I can no longer play? My iphone has little music on it and you can't copy mp3s to iphones so can I get a CD player installed or plug an external cd usb port player into the car? I tried playing my mp3s off of a usb stick into the usb port on the car but it doesn't recognize the media. My previous 2009 Challenger not only played CDs, MP3s but DVDs (audio) too? Is it possible to have a CD player installed into the car? The dash is all digial so I dunno? Also don't want to void the warranty. Anyone else unhappy about this CD player delete?
Send me all of your CD's and I'll play them for you...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
In your case, I'm not sure if you should crank the volume or just floor the gas 😁 😁 😁
:unsure:Well let's see gasoline here at Chevron is $4.59 per gallon here. $3.89 at Costco. So I could go easy on the gas so I don't increase my operating costs such as tires drivetrain etc. Perhaps take the middle of the road and listen to the exhaust.😁

145 Posts
:unsure:Well let's see gasoline here at Chevron is $4.59 per gallon here. $3.89 at Costco. So I could go easy on the gas so I don't increase my operating costs such as tires drivetrain etc. Perhaps take the middle of the road and listen to the exhaust.😁
Fair enough. The low rev rumble should do you good 😁

181 - 190 of 190 Posts