Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need a little guidance on the SRT cars. I recently sold a 2017 SP car. (first time I had a car payment since 2000, I never could get comfortable with that...long story LOL). Well, I miss the car. That being said I have decided to buy another Challenger. I am going to just pay cash this time. I have been looking at some 2011-1014 SRT's. Is there anything I need to know about these cars. Pro's and Con's? I want a manual car. I was really was impressed with the 6.4. Any difference in the performance with the earlier cars? I don't race them, I just like to run them up and down the road a few times and go through the gears. The exterior of the cars I am happy with, all years. I do like the interior of the 15-17's better but I can live with the older models. I am just looking for some feedback on the 11-14 SRT Car vs a 15-17 SC. one more question, what is SRT Core? Is that a separate option? Any input is appreciated, Thanks Matt

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I just picked up a 2012 SRT8 with 1,540 miles and absolutely love it. I waited 2 years to find the right one. I also paid top dollar for the car. A low mile 11-14 SRT8 goes within days.
to me, those are the best looking years ..11-14. The newer ones are great in other ways...but for me..I wanted as retro as possible. I like the hard lines...not too much into curvy soft stuff.
They also have tons of exterior/interior mods you can do to them...they are like Harleys.

I suggest you drive them and see if you like them. The new ones will offer more tech and goodies...you have to see what fits for you. Good luck

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've had me 2011 since 4/30/2011. The big upgrade I would want would be the 8 speed suto. Since you are only concerned with manuals, there is no issue for you.

The older ones can be tuned cheaper.

The CORE was a cheaper way to get a 392 without paying for the SRT price (maybe $10K less?). Do a search to find out what was cut out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
DonP
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing