Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just bought a brand new 2010 Challenger R/T about a week ago. Not long after driving it, I noticed the steering wheel makes a loud click noise. Anytime I put pressure on the wheel that causes it to move at all it makes this noise. Today I took it to the dealer and they agreed the noise is annoying and should not be there. They worked on this problem a good part of the day and was in contact with Chrysler. They checked a few different parts, and basically came to the conclusion that it needs a new steering column. However from what I gathered, Chrysler is not 100% sure that will fix it, because they wanted the dealer to take the entire dash out and see if the noise was still there. However the dealer did not want to do this on a brand new vehicle. At least this is what the dealer told me.

Anyways I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if it came to the steering column being replaced? I am just worried they will do all this work and the noise will still be there. I searched the thread for this issue and saw one that was similar and needed a new "boot" to fix it. I told the dealer this and they said they check it and its fine.

Thanks for any information,

Ryan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine would make a sound when turning the sterring wheel quickly and hard the dealer replaced some kind of lubricate boot (found it dry) in the column So far it fixed the problem. 2010 R/T manual

1 - 2 of 2 Posts