Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered four ExtremeContact Sport 275/40/20 106Y(oem tire specs) tires at Engine Dynamics of Newhall, CA on Monday and came in this morning. Price was better than any found online or locally. Tirerack still has back-orders. Having some other work done so won't be installed until Thursday most likely. Factory Pirelli All-Seasons only lasted 19000 miles. No way was I going that route again with the performance and price. Hope these are a big step up. Let Brian know that J from Challengertalk forum referred you.

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Those should be a big step up from the Pirelli all seasons! I wish they made them in 315/35/20. Watched a YouTube video with an 800+ HP Mustang. Looked pretty impressive. Let us know what you think when you get them put on. It's also nice that they are rated 106Y as many performance tires only have a W rating.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
What did you pay for them? I will be buying tires soon. Looks like a good tread design for us dry climate folk!

·
Registered
798 Posts
What are the multi-colored lines for? To show wear?
Those stripes are identifiers to identify the exact size and tire for its given tread slab during manufacturing. Colors vary depending on the manufacturing plant. They go away quickly unless the stripe lands up in the tread groove.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow!!

Just had the tires installed on yesterday and what a difference. Even with cold tires I have more confidence than before while accelerating through each gear without fear of the rear breaking loose. Today it rained and yet again they impressed. One thing of note, by pulling on the bead, it seems the sidewall is softer on this tire versus the all season Pirelli. So without going through any canyons or looking like an idiot on surface streets and endangering others I can't comment on the response. I also noticed that this tire is a bit wider than the Pirelli of the same size.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Just had the tires installed on yesterday and what a difference. Even with cold tires I have more confidence than before while accelerating through each gear without fear of the rear breaking loose. Today it rained and yet again they impressed. One thing of note, by pulling on the bead, it seems the sidewall is softer on this tire versus the all season Pirelli. So without going through any canyons or looking like an idiot on surface streets and endangering others I can't comment on the response. I also noticed that this tire is a bit wider than the Pirelli of the same size.
Told ya, lol.

I didn't trust my RS-As at all, my car was tail happy even with Traction and Stability control on, and in rain I hydroplaned once and almost bit it into incoming traffic.

Changed them out with 2000 miles on 'em, never looked back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Told ya, lol.

I didn't trust my RS-As at all, my car was tail happy even with Traction and Stability control on, and in rain I hydroplaned once and almost bit it into incoming traffic.

Respectfully, I'm not sure what you mean by "told ya". Most likely it is that you said you "highly recommend" them. Still, you had Goodyear 245s, I had Pirelli Zero Nero 275s. Doubtful that our previous tire experience was comparable especially that you replaced yours pretty early. I only know that I didn't care for the overall performance of my old tires, others likely have a differing opinion. I like the Contis now, but need more time with them. Hopefully you will report back with your own experience after say 10K or 20K miles to help forum members.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Told ya, lol.

Respectfully, I'm not sure what you mean by "told ya". Most likely it is that you said you "highly recommend" them. Still, you had Goodyear 245s, I had Pirelli Zero Nero 275s. Doubtful that our previous tire experience was comparable especially that you replaced yours pretty early. I only know that I didn't care for the overall performance of my old tires, others likely have a differing opinion. I like the Contis now, but need more time with them. Hopefully you will report back with your own experience after say 10K or 20K miles to help forum members.
I've only put 3000 miles on my car since I bought it, so I guess I'll do that in 2 years or so, lol.

Also, not sure why you seem to have taken offense, of course I meant that I liked them, what else would I mean?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I've only put 3000 miles on my car since I bought it, so I guess I'll do that in 2 years or so, lol.

Also, not sure why you seem to have taken offense, of course I meant that I liked them, what else would I mean?
There was absolutely no offense taken. Seems that without being able to hear someone's voice the context and tone can be lost in a post especially when opinions differ not that ours did. Therefore I started my last post with "Respectfully" hoping the tone wouldn't be misconstrued. The rest of my post was to help others as it relates to the performance of the tires. Please don't take anything I've said as a slight as I surely didn't feel that way about what you said. I appreciate that you responded to the thread, hopefully you will continue to post about your experience.

Had heavy rains today and the Contis didn't flinch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tires are great. Have just under 3K miles on them. Wish I had these from the start as the Pzero Neros were awful. Had no idea what my car was capable of with the Pzeros. Just love that my tires are no longer chirping under normal acceleration, you know which makes everyone think you are looking for attention. I still haven't used the launch feature with them but I know they will perform 200 times better than the Pirellis based on hard acceleration from stand still, as they don't break. While my tires are the stock size, they are wider than the Pzeros and thus provide better wheel rim protection. Steering response and cornering is great especially with such a heavy car. I will definitely purchase these again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts