Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Moparperformance online has it on sale for 11,100. MSRP is 13,675-25%=10,561. Question; new pmc needed? From what i've read here supercharging is a mixed bag, great power but some tuning issues and a non-forged engine, I have concluded that, while a bit pricey, this crate is a far safer approach. Next question, can the tranny handle this with no upgrades? Trying to set a budget. Thanks
Another area you want to investigate is suspension. When you start getting close to or exceed 500 rwhp, rear half shafts, possible drive shaft loop. If you are considering installing a blower on the 426, the drive shaft should be considered for replacement.

If you are going to execute a high hp build, you need to start with the end in mind. Decide where you want to end up, research required supporting mods, then map out a plan on how you can get there. Otherwise there is a lot of frustration that comes up along the way.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have been down that link and id does not have anymore information than the bore and strok of theat motor, I was intereseted in the CR, TB, Hp & TQ peaks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Alum. Crate Motor

I have one question that I was wondering if any of you can answer. Where can you buy one of these motors? Dodge has a part number for it however when ever you go to your dealer to order one, They say that no dealer or whse has any in inventory. You people that are going to order one must have some place that you think you can buy one. Appreciate any answer to this question.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Not sure why this is such a big deal. I would prefer to let one of the builders (PWR would be my choice) build an Aluminum 426 so you would have control of what goes into it. Nothing "magical" about it being a crate motor from ChryCo.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts