Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, name's Paul.
Placed an order for '19 Scat Pack (non-WB) 1320, fully loaded two weeks ago. Currently at a "D1" status.
Figured I'd stop in and say hello and pull some info on my soon-to-be partner.
First question for community... I understand that the drag radials that come with the car are a good tire but not great for normal road travel. What is a great all-weather tire to run? My plan is to do a good bit on back road/ scenic trips for the first year.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi, name's Paul.
Placed an order for '19 Scat Pack (non-WB) 1320, fully loaded two weeks ago. Currently at a "D1" status.
Figured I'd stop in and say hello and pull some info on my soon-to-be partner.
First question for community... I understand that the drag radials that come with the car are a good tire but not great for normal road travel. What is a great all-weather tire to run? My plan is to do a good bit on back road/ scenic trips for the first year.
Are you planning to run it in winter for your daily driver?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to run her until the state starts salting the roads, after that she'll be garaged until spring. Where i live, that happens between mid-Nov. and late-Dec.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you're going to run it only until snow/ice hits, or more importantly, until its less than 50 F - use summer tires. Performance of summer tires makes a huge difference, especially with you not having widebody - summer tire compounds will help with hooking your torque.

·
Super Moderator
12,470 Posts
Welcome from California Paul ;)

A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
70barcuda
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing