Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've read the posts here for a while and was waiting to register until my car was delivered. From reading others posts, I think I got pretty lucky with how quickly I got the car, especially with the 2 week shutdown, and the Easter break.

4/9 - Order submitted by dealer
Waited the painful two week shutdown down.
4/15 - Waiting on parts
4/17 - Tentative Schedule (never got the actual date, just the code)
4/26 - D1 Scheduled to be built
4/30 - Frame
5/2 - Built Ok'd
5/6 - Delivered to dealership

The stuff everyone really cares about, the car. I had test drove a scatpack, but I was thinking that it might be just a little much for an everyday driver. Plus I am young, so I will have time to get another.
Destroyer Gray R/T with manual transmission (almost settled for an auto and then knocked some sense into myself)
Blacktop Package
Plus Package
Alpine 9 Speaker plus Subwoofer
Sunroof
Driver convenience package

My question for you all is the "break in period". I saw in the manual that for the 5.7 that moderate speeds up to 50mph are desirable after, I think 100 miles. So what speeds should be driven up to the 100 mile marker? I am guessing also stay under 3000 RPM? Any other ones I am missing?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Nice car and I still miss my M6!

Yeah just vary the rpm and the speed, I'd try to keep it under 70 but don't stay at highway speeds too long. The rear gets pretty hot during break in so give everything a chance to cool down. Once you get about 300 miles you can start pushing it, do some full throttle pulls in 4th gear from 50 to 80 or so, that's good for the engine. Don't rev it too much in the lower gears yet. After 500 its prett much broke in, I'd probably go to about 800 miles then change the oil and consider it fully broken in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Administrator
17,041 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
Tshane72
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing