Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New Dodge!

4915 Views 60 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  Lashlarue
Apparently there will be a new dodge announced at 9:30 central time. I'm looking at the picture and I'm assuming it will be the hellcat charger.
Guesses? Opinions? Discussion?
https://twitter.com/Chrysler
http://new.livestream.com/chryslerlive/DodgeProductReveal

Attachments

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

· Registered
843 Posts
I want to see what it will do at the track with drag radials. I love dodge for having the heart to build these cars, but God the charger is so ugly right now.

· Premium Member
2,073 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Wonder what the price will be? If it's the same as the HC Challenger, it's going to be the bargain of the...well...ever

I WANT MORE PICTURES

They said it "redefines practicality," maybe he meant "defies practicality"
I can just imagine.
the Red key is for you, the black key with 500hp is for your dad, and the white key with 120hp is for your wife

· Registered
1,128 Posts
I believe he was being sarcastic.
Would hope so...hard to discern sarcasm in text

That being said, if it gets 20 MPG on the highway at 65 MPH, it is actually a fairly practical vehicle...4 usable doors, big trunk, and half-decent MPG...10 years ago a 700+ HP sedan was pretty unthinkable, let alone one from the factory with a warranty...it's still a car you can live with and only have minor drawbacks...

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Would hope so...hard to discern sarcasm in text

That being said, if it gets 20 MPG on the highway at 65 MPH, it is actually a fairly practical vehicle...4 usable doors, big trunk, and half-decent MPG...10 years ago a 700+ HP sedan was pretty unthinkable, let alone one from the factory with a warranty...it's still a car you can live with and only have minor drawbacks...
yeah, the drawback being you can't keep your foot off the pedal and eventually get the car impounded :bigthumb:

· Registered
1,128 Posts

· Registered
548 Posts
I think I may be the only person on the planet who likes the way this third generation modern Charger looks the best.
I think they did a tremendous with them

· Registered
472 Posts
Well Dodge wasn't gonna make TWO Retro-Modern muscle cars. The Charger has a few retro cues in a less retro form. It's not intended to revisit the original Charger. There's already a Dodge for those who want that.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
No problem being ugly when you're one of the fastest. There have been plenty of ugly cars in history that were some of the fastest.
Case in point: Gumpert Apollo. Ugly as all hell, but faster than it is fugly. Nobody cares what you look like when "all they can see if your taillights" LOL

· Registered
472 Posts
Case in point: Gumpert Apollo. Ugly as all hell, but faster than it is fugly. Nobody cares what you look like when "all they can see if your taillights" LOL
And the taillights are one of the Charger's best features. Many folks will only see the front end, briefly, in the rearview...

· Premium Member
11,700 Posts
And the taillights are one of the Charger's best features. Many folks will only see the front end, briefly, in the rearview...
They are so nice, bright and distinctive that a cop can follow you from a mile away, lol.
I'd rather be less obvious if possible at night.

· Registered
506 Posts
I think I may be the only person on the planet who likes the way this third generation modern Charger looks the best.
I think they did a tremendous with them
You're not the only one - I think it looks good. I can understand a bit the comments on the Dart cues... but to me I like it quite a bit.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.