Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New Dodge!

5K views 60 replies 25 participants last post by  Lashlarue 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
The shape of the hood inlet says "Hellcat" and the rear quarter looks an awful lot like a charger

#11 ·
I also think it's Charger Hellcat. Maybe we will hear more about Hellcat availability in general.

#16 ·
#18 · (Edited)
Slightly more impressive than the Challenger Hellcat surprisingly. Wonder what the weight is? I figured the drag would be better for the Challenger but I guess not. Longer body on the Charger.

0-60 in 3.7 secs for the Charger Hellcat.

EDIT: 4560lbs.

#28 ·
Slightly more impressive than the Challenger Hellcat surprisingly. Wonder what the weight is? I figured the drag would be better for the Challenger but I guess not. Longer body on the Charger.

0-60 in 3.7 secs for the Charger Hellcat.

EDIT: 4560lbs.
only the 1/4 time but yes, surprisingly slightly more impressive... but then again, it looks like that:nono: In that pic, it looks like a freaking hatchback:nono: Challenger is 3.5 0-60 from Dodge tho right?
45690lbs... yikes:smoker:

#27 ·
#26 · (Edited)
12% less drag coefficient .. 204mph top speed limited by the drag only not engine wise. AND FINALLY THEY EXPLAINED!!!! THE rumor that the cars are limited production is ALL FAKE!!!! the hellcats (challenger or charger). the say you built cars to be a PR stunt not for profit, because they benefit the brand and overall bring people to the brand. they recommend the Scat pak as the perfect sweet spot! but they said they are pissed off with people saying it will be limited production or that will be marked up. They wanted this car to be everywhere thats why it was priced to 59,999 including gas guzzler tax. they want people to buy this car and the more they buy it the more they will produce of it. .....im sold.. now i want to buy a hellcat!! LOL

0 to 60 3.7 seconds
1/4 mile certified street time nhra stock tires, stock 11.0 seconds (faster than the challenger)
auto only
RWD only
371 Cubic inches
707 HP
100 pounds heavier than the challenger
54/46 weight distribution
MPG (not known but challenger gets 20mpg hwy)

AND NO.... IT WONT BE IN THE DART!!! (big no they said lol)

#34 · (Edited)
12% less drag coefficient .. 204mph top speed limited by the drag only not engine wise. AND FINALLY THEY EXPLAINED!!!! THE rumor that the cars are limited production is ALL FAKE!!!! the hellcats (challenger or charger). the say you built cars to be a PR stunt not for profit, because they benefit the brand and overall bring people to the brand. they recommend the Scat pak as the perfect sweet spot! but they said they are pissed off with people saying it will be limited production or that will be marked up. They wanted this car to be everywhere thats why it was priced to 59,999 including gas guzzler tax. they want people to buy this car and the more they buy it the more they will produce of it. .....im sold.. now i want to buy a hellcat!! LOL
That's what I'm thinking too, why the heck would they price it under 58k(minus gg tax) only to have it difficult for people to buy one because of low to no allocations for dealers. Dodge must have a good guess at what the demand would be. Making people wait isn't always a good thing because you just never know what could happen and have people's minds change. I too think it's just dealers trying to get big deposits and stuff. Not everybody orders their car, Dodge needs HCs to also be on the lots, why would orders be taken straight from the dealers,"low" allocations while some are even saying they can't take orders at all unless you put down a lot of money right now. That doesn't make any sense, there wouldn't or shouldn't be any limits on freaking orders. I guess we'll see what happens but I've already started thinking bout the 6.4 RT, Dodge is lucky that it's still a 2015 Challenger for me, the new customers that Dodge may have picked up with the HC might opt out for whatever brand they came from.

#29 ·
Wonder what the price will be? If it's the same as the HC Challenger, it's going to be the bargain of the...well...ever

I WANT MORE PICTURES

They said it "redefines practicality," maybe he meant "defies practicality"

#30 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Bumper

Here it is in white, snagged from the press video.. Since I'm getting a white challenger it has me tempted, lol.. Sticking with Challenger though.

#31 ·
I wonder when they're going to put this engine in the viper. 1000lbs. lighter would make it a crazy fast super car.

#33 ·
They've already stated that the hellcat is too tall for the Viper. Won't ever happen.

#32 ·
Looks fairly decent, I like it better than the regular 2015 Charger. Granted it still looks nothing like a Charger but it does look more aggressive. 4500+ lbs. Geez... But can still hit 11 flat and go over 200 mph. One fast 4 door sedan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.