Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tweaked the look of the rear lately.

I got 4" quad tips welded on the Solo Exhaust and I added the Scat Pack matte decal and a "392" OEM spoiler badge.

I really like the 392 badge... it really pops and stands out even though it is black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Looks Awesome!

I really want to get the quad tips but I would need to move the resonator back to be able to weld the tip which I don't know if I'm ready to do that right now. The only other option is quad square clamp on which I don't like the square ones.

Hey where did you get the decal from?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks Awesome!

I really want to get the quad tips but I would need to move the resonator back to be able to weld the tip which I don't know if I'm ready to do that right now. The only other option is quad square clamp on which I don't like the square ones.
I purchased these off EBAY:

SRT8 Challenger Dodge Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust Tips 4 0 3 0 4 034 3 034 SRT SRT 8 | eBay

The shop said they were a challenge to weld on and get them perfect. They did a good job though.

The 4" tips really fill the valance opening well.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks Awesome!

Hey where did you get the decal from?
Here for the decal:

TWISTEDSIGNSBYDESIGN - Graphics - Vintage Items - Antique Books at Bonanza - ...

Just ask for the standard Matte trunk decal. They are familiar with it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So they also had to move the resonator back to fit the tip correct? That's the problem I ran into when I took it to the muffler shop.
Yes, my Solo Street Race Exhaust only has J-pipes and no resonators. You would have to remove the resonators to run these tips.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,784 Posts
Looks awesome, I almost went with black for my tips, but decided I couldn't do that to the polished stainless. They look damn good on your car, and that 392 is classy too :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes, my Solo Street Race Exhaust only has J-pipes and no resonators. You would have to remove the resonators to run these tips.
Got the same Solo set up with round quad tips……love the sound, I hated the car when it was stock and cruising and getting on it was so quiet it seemed pitiful for a muscle car……know I can hear the nice rumble of power and open it up and….Oh Ya!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did you prep the read panel for the Matte Decal? What did you use to remove the DODGE chrome letters?

Thanks!
Ray

You can use dental floss or fishing line to saw through the adhesive on the letters. The leftover residue will roll of with your fingers.

The panel scratches VERY easily, even under normal washing. You can't see it from a few feet away, but mine is all scratched up.

For prep, I used a lint free cloth and some isopropyl alcohol.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the same Solo set up with round quad tips……love the sound, I hated the car when it was stock and cruising and getting on it was so quiet it seemed pitiful for a muscle car……know I can hear the nice rumble of power and open it up and….Oh Ya!!!
The Solo exhaust is definitely a two natured beast. It is very docile on the freeway at 80 mph, almost as quiet as stock. However, at WOT it is probably to loud. Actually... it is definitely to loud. :)

I do love the idle though and the sound volume during normal driving is fine.

No exhaust is perfect, but it's close. It has zero flutter like Zoomers and has the best idle I've heard. The note is smoother than the mid muffler delete, but is substantially louder at WOT.

I can't wait to hear the idle with the new cam.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,784 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,784 Posts
I was concerned, as it was a 5 day old car. But they came off so clean, it really was that easy. I didn't want to have to "saw" behind with anything, although many have done that successfully as well. A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,520 Posts
I've tweaked the look of the rear lately.

I got 4" quad tips welded on the Solo Exhaust and I added the Scat Pack matte decal and a "392" OEM spoiler badge.

I really like the 392 badge... it really pops and stands out even though it is black.
That looks Fantastic! :cheers:

I've got the same exhaust setup as you do KenandJenn except for the tip color and headers (except that I went with polished 4" ones instead of black).

To me, it completes the look for a Musclecar! I also like that it's different.

I also agree with your review of the exhaust except that it doesn't seem that loud to me, but I don't have long tubes either. I'm sure that wakes things up a bit more and sounds Incredible!

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Those are the perfect tips I've been hunting for. Love my 2017 SP I just bought but hate those square OEM tips. Also, is that OEM 392 badge the one that also come with "Hemi" on bottom?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts