Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen, Let me start by saying i'm late to the game here and as I've poked around this site.., i find myself asking why i didn't do this just 2 weeks ago..., hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post. Please bare with my rambling..,

Short recap - this is my second Challenger, had an 09 in 09 and for a few years, it was an automatic though. My new one, i just got two weeks ago and am head over heels in love with. IT IS A MANUAL..., it's so damn fun to drive it should be illegal! 2018 Challenger T/A 392, black, fully loaded. I have put about 900 miles on it in two weeks.

The reason i said i should have joined sooner..., I have gone a head and ordered new wheels and tires but should have started here and got suggestions. I think these things looks best with staggered/offset wheels. A big faty in the back and something nice for the front, nothing too skiny. But big offset in the back. So the first pair i ordered two weeks ago were a pair that CARID said would fit. 10 days after i order i find out by calling them to find out when they may ship that they won't fit. I call Discount Tire Direct and the guy calls Milanni and asks them direct, they say they will fit but they wheels are on back order...., i raise hell with CarID they swear it's just they won't fit..., I cancel that order and go with a more modern full wheel set of 22s, 9.5 in front and 10.5 in back. With 265/35/22 and 295/30/22 on the back...,

Back to my question...., can anyone tell me exactly how big you can go in the back with a set of 22s on the back.., width of wheel as well as how big of a tire? Not exactly drag but pretty damn fat. I'm not sure if i'll like this tire and wheel set up and will quickly change if i don't like it. Second question - I don't want to slam my car to the ground and not be able to pull into anywhere, but i'd like to lower a little. What is the most reasonable lowering mod i can do for like a 1 to 1.5 inch lift and/or should i do it at all?

Since i'm here, i also just ordered the Diablo Trinity2 Platinum + PCM Swap.., if anyone can give me pointers there I'd love to know your experience.

I also have ordered a front splitter, rear diffuser, and whickerbill from BJs garage 570..., anyone know anything there? It hasn't started off the beset with them, but i'm trying to be patient.

Sorry for such a long ass boring post, i'll try not to do it again...,

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you don't get your answers here you may have to ask again in one of the other forum areas (such as the wheels section) and you will probably get more response on your questions. And congrats on that new T/A. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
Welcome from California. A lot of discussion on widest 20", not so much for 22". I personally can't advise.

A Guy

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts