Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
LOVE the color!

The Challenger 392 looks fine.

But, frankly, I find the hood badge is a bit much; especially with the fender badges. And the 6.4L engine designation clashes a bit with the 392.

·
Super Moderator
14,934 Posts
LOVE the color!

The Challenger 392 looks fine.

But, frankly, I find the hood badge is a bit much; especially with the fender badges. And the 6.4L engine designation clashes a bit with the 392.

I agree. I think that your SRT would look more unique if you removed the 392 emblem.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yeah, the hoods a little too much for my tastes

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Maybe if you left the "Challenger" script on the fender, and "392" on the hood, it'd look just right yet still different.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for your opinion guys. The reason I put the 6.4 Hemi on the hood is because it looked too plain without anything on it plus a lot of people don't know what 392 means. The Challenger 392 is on the side because that is actually the version of the car itself. Think about it, as much as it means cubic inches; on your windows sticker it says "Challenger 392". This is the specific version of the car. In reality it looks very good in person. I think there was another post where someone did the same type of thing...maybe they have some better pictures. Either way thanks for the opinions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
724 Posts
Thanks for your opinion guys. The reason I put the 6.4 Hemi on the hood is because it looked too plain without anything on it plus a lot of people don't know what 392 means. The Challenger 392 is on the side because that is actually the version of the car itself. Think about it, as much as it means cubic inches; on your windows sticker it says "Challenger 392". This is the specific version of the car. In reality it looks very good in person. I think there was another post where someone did the same type of thing...maybe they have some better pictures. Either way thanks for the opinions.

I'm taking all my 392 and SRT emblems off and putting on a R/T emblem on the grille and R/T stripes on the sides with the Classic Challenger script on the frt fenders. I also got a set of Heritage Classic rims to fit with my brembos and a T/A hood that will not say Hemi. I'm gonna love it when some kid in an SS camaro or a mustang pulls up next to me. Oh the car also is getting the Phase 6 heads and comp cam 274 installed next week. Everything will be done by 7/17, will post a thread with pictures then.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the people who do not think the 6.4 hemi looks good with the 392.......what about if the 6.4 is removed and there is just hemi up on the hood and Challenger 392 on the side? Do you think that would look better?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
860 Posts

I'm taking all my 392 and SRT emblems off and putting on a R/T emblem on the grille and R/T stripes on the sides with the Classic Challenger script on the frt fenders. I also got a set of Heritage Classic rims to fit with my brembos and a T/A hood that will not say Hemi. I'm gonna love it when some kid in an SS camaro or a mustang pulls up next to me. Oh the car also is getting the Phase 6 heads and comp cam 274 installed next week. Everything will be done by 7/17, will post a thread with pictures then.
Maybe you should put SE on it.The R/Ts are going to have the 392 soon.

·
Registered
104 Posts
392 Hemi on the hood. Scripted Challenger on the fenders (but you need to replace the stock grill badge with the scripted one for continuity) AWESOME LOOKING :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts