Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my engine bay to look more clean and less "blingy"... I'm very pleased the way it turned out. I still have to add the fender tag that I had made for the car. I have to paint it and then put it somewhere... there isn't enough room to put it along the fender. I figure something out. I post a pic when I get it done.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,138 Posts
That looks Great George! I like the fuse box cover made to look like an old battery. That was pretty ingenious!

Nice job! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks Great George! I like the fuse box cover made to look like an old battery. That was pretty ingenious!

Nice job! :cheers:
I have to give the credit to Kelfo for the fuse box battery idea! It turned out really nice. Thanks Kelfo if you are still out there!

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
That engine bay looks great! The fuse box is way too funny/ingenious. I like the ABS cover, where did you dig that up?

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That engine bay looks great! The fuse box is way too funny/ingenious. I like the ABS cover, where did you dig that up?
Could be the Hellcat ABS Cover.
I bought the ABS cover from a local dealer. It fits 2015 and up cars, but it has to be modified to fit the older cars. I found how to modify it on another car forum... I think I might get in trouble if I linked to that forum???

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like to get one of those battery/fuse box covers for my 2018 Challenger!
That was an idea from Kelfo! It's a black billet tech cover with a decal made by a local sign shop from a picture of an original Mopar battery I found on the Internet; and red battery caps that you would find on a battery back in 1971 ground down slightly to fit when the hood is closed stuck on with red 3M tape. The hard part is laying it all out so everything is in the correct spot and the time to grind down the caps if you have to depending on your hood. There you go! Give Kelfo credit! There is a picture of his on an engine bay mod thread somewhere on this site. He may have used a slightly different decal... I don't remember.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
What strut tower brace is that? it looks like it would work very well and is unobtrusive as well.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,625 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
That was an idea from Kelfo! It's a black billet tech cover with a decal made by a local sign shop from a picture of an original Mopar battery I found on the Internet; and red battery caps that you would find on a battery back in 1971 ground down slightly to fit when the hood is closed stuck on with red 3M tape. The hard part is laying it all out so everything is in the correct spot and the time to grind down the caps if you have to depending on your hood. There you go! Give Kelfo credit! There is a picture of his on an engine bay mod thread somewhere on this site. He may have used a slightly different decal... I don't remember.
So is the decal black, white, silver??? How it would look to have Billet Technology engrave the image instead of the decal?

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So is the decal black, white, silver??? How it would look to have Billet Technology engrave the image instead of the decal?
It is black on black. I think the image looks better (or more authentic... and a heck of a lot cheaper), as a decal than it would engraved. Just my opinion...

·
Super Moderator
14,189 Posts
I changed my engine bay to look more clean and less "blingy"... I'm very pleased the way it turned out. I still have to add the fender tag that I had made for the car. I have to paint it and then put it somewhere... there isn't enough room to put it along the fender. I figure something out. I post a pic when I get it done.
Your engine bay looks great. I also used engraved billet parts to get that clean look.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
It is black on black. I think the image looks better (or more authentic... and a heck of a lot cheaper), as a decal than it would engraved. Just my opinion...
So the fuse box cover is matte black and the decal is satin or gloss to differentiate the two blacks?

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So the fuse box cover is matte black and the decal is satin or gloss to differentiate the two blacks?
Not being an expert on finishes I would say the decal is more dull or even flat compared to the fuse box finish. It stands out, but not too much...

·
Registered
236 Posts

Looks great, nice and clean job! What strut brace is that? I'm looking for one that will fit with my Edelbrock supercharger and that one looks like it'd do the job. Thanks and keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great, nice and clean job! What strut brace is that? I'm looking for one that will fit with my Edelbrock supercharger and that one looks like it'd do the job. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Thanks. It's a Speedlogix brace. Fits nice around my AFR Shaker and there is a Magnuson SC under the shaker.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts