Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I ordered the full SLP exhaust for my '14 Core, the Long tube headers w/ cats and the SLP loudmouth I. Here is a video of my current exhaust with just the muffler delete, ill post a comparison video once its installed in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Earlier this week I ordered the full SLP exhaust for my '14 Core, the Long tube headers w/ cats and the SLP loudmouth I. Here is a video of my current exhaust with just the muffler delete, ill post a comparison video once its installed in about 2 weeks. 2014 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Exhaust and Flyby - YouTube

Two things...one, you should re-label that resonater delete to avoid confusion, and second, great video! Resonater delete for the win!!! Truly shows and captures the great sound available for just a couple hundred bucks! I'm not saying it is as great as your long tube header set up is going to sound, but people have to admit that is awfully close to Zoomers/Magnaflow.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SLP Loudmouth Installed!

It was a pain in the ass, as all header installs are these days but I got it done and am very pleased. Video below is from my phone so it's not the best, but it does a decent job. Gonna get a go pro video in a few days. Challenger SRT8 SLP Loudmouth Exhaust - YouTube

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm subscribing to this to hear the new video when it comes out.

I put the full SLP Loudmouth II system on my '10 Camaro SS and it sounded mean as heck, yet didn't drone inside. I LOVED that sound!

I will seriously consider the same setup (Loudmouth II) if it's available for the 392. :). I haven't checked yet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm subscribing to this to hear the new video when it comes out.

I put the full SLP Loudmouth II system on my '10 Camaro SS and it sounded mean as heck, yet didn't drone inside. I LOVED that sound!

I will seriously consider the same setup (Loudmouth II) if it's available for the 392. :). I haven't checked yet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yea, sorry about the delay on the video just got finished moving and its been a hectic few weeks. They do have the Loudmouth II available for the challenger and for I would highly recommend it if you will daily drive your challenger. Don't get me wrong I love my Loudmouth I, but... its almost too loud for daily driving, on the other hand its perfect for pissing off others on the weekends lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
LOL...ya, I do drive it daily (like I did with my Camaro SS), so I can't have it super loud. When I was 20, maybe, but now that I'm old an feeble (42, actually. LOL), I don't want to deal with that. :p

But I appreciate the info. I'll probably stick with the SLP LM II if they have it for the Challenger 392. I'll just have to try and find a few clips of it, if anyone else has it on. I know they sometimes have clips on their website, so I might check there too.

I appreciate the info and good luck on your move! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
421 Posts
As an owner of the Loudmouth 1, you're gonna love it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally was able to get you guys some video of me driving, although I was never abe to go WOT in the video because the roads by my house are not big enough and I didn't want to piss off the neighbors after just moving in two weeks ago LOL otherwise enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZgH5Fh3Lxs

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sounds great. I'll probably still go with the Loudmouth II setup myself because I really liked how it sounded on my Camaro SS.

Any drone with your setup?

Sent from my Yellow Jacket iPhone App.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds great. I'll probably still go with the Loudmouth II setup myself because I really liked how it sounded on my Camaro SS.

Any drone with your setup?

Sent from my Yellow Jacket iPhone App.
There is some drone but it doesn't bother me too much at all, but everyone is different. It's just loud all the time as the name states lol that may annoy certain people, but not me! And cold starts are absolutely vicious and will most likely piss off the neighbors.

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
Mine toned down some after about 500 miles, yours should too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine toned down some after about 500 miles, yours should too.
I got 2000 miles on my exhaust already and the sound hasn't calmed down at all, doesn't bother me though I love it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts