Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2010 Bright white Challenger last Friday. Decided to go with the Pypes dual catback system with street pro mufflers.Hopefully get exhaust on Wednesday and windows tinted this weekend.Then cold air intake and black wheels. I will put up pic and sound clip video after exhaust gets put on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great Choice! Good Luck and have fun!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Cant wait to hear the exhaust! I am looking for an exhaust as well. Did you go all the way back to getting new headers or how did you do it?

·
Registered
607 Posts
You get the exhaust put on yet?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I like the Pypes sound and tips.

The only drawback is that to me they seem to stick out about an inch too far on all the pictures I've seen. I'm sure this is by design but I prefer the tighter look. Also my driveway is steep and I have literally about a 2 inch clearance pulling up so I'm worried they would scrape on the concrete backing out (not good).

If there was a good method of snugging the tips up I'd be all over this system in a heartbeat.

Very interested in seeing what yours looks like installed.

Oh and congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks ... Well just got the call today that the pypes is on back order till June or July. I got online and checked other sites and no one has them so I got refunded now need to decide to wait or get different brand IDK....

·
Registered
607 Posts
Damn man that sucks. I'd be pretty disappointed, especially since that is something you want. I say if you really want that one and dont want to settle for anything else, then just wait. Another month/month and a half wont hurt tooooo much lol

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ouch...

1-2 weeks ok, but 1-2 months is a bit steep.

Then again if you go with another system and end up not being completely happy with it you'll always be second guessing the decision.

Tough call.

Seems I always hear the same story about shipping delays with these. Wonder how many sales they lose by not beefing up production a bit. You'd think they would stock up a few extras over the winter to make the most of spring fever.

Well good luck with whatever you decide and let us know.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Were you able to get a good deal on the CAI and tuner? I know that I want to get both, but I dont think that they have them available for the 2011s yet

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the cold air intake for $232.99 the tuner with pc interface for $303.90 Free K&N 6.5 oz. Spray Oil/12 oz. Filter Cleaner and free shiping from Street Side Auto. Will be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just put the same Pypes system on my SE in April. IMO you cant beat it...sounds great, looks good and you cant beat the price. Sucks that its on back-order. I bought mine on Ebay, seller name yatesperformance. $510 shipped. Maybe they can get a set for you. Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Whelp just got the K&N Cold Air Intake and Diablosport Preditor 91 tune installed on car.Can definitely tell a difference. Now waiting on the exhaust and hopefully wheels Very Soon. Next wash i will post pics.

·
Registered
607 Posts
What kind of a difference can you tell? Waiting to get both the CAI and the tuner until they make them and come out for the 2011's

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can tell a difference. Just a lot smoother overall and a lot faster on the pickup.Shifts a lot better when you gun it to. It's nothing super crazy but is def a lot better then stock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.