Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I boosted the car. Had the borla ATAK which was awesome NA. After boost Borla ATAK was a huge embarrassment everyday on my commute. Another 3.6 member gave me his recipe for a killer sound. Here’s the results after yesterday’s install(sounds better in person). I’m totally thrilled with it.
And

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Nice whine (y) We need detail man! The exhaust set up and the blower :D

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Welcome from Alabama!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Nice whine (y) We need detail man! The exhaust set up and the blower :D

A Guy
Sprintex… shitty company but awesome part.
Exhaust is High flo cats to an x-pipe to thrush rattlers to dc sports resonated tips. Removed the square tips and the single round looks pretty awesome. I copied this exhaust from Dennis Carlson. Sounds way better in person.
Light Product Black Walking shoe Outdoor shoe

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pak
285 Posts
I does sound great, but I can't help but wonder if your next door neighbor feels the same way.:)

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,596 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Your build sounds Great and Thanks for sharing it with us. You don't see many Sprintex blowers out there. Can you Please share a little more about that?

I wouldn't be mad if you posted up some pictures of it too (hint hint ;) )

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
What High Flow cats did you use? You had to notch the hood to Clear the Sprintex? Any pictures of that? Curious why you didn't go with Ripp which advertises more power?

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I does sound great, but I can't help but wonder if your next door neighbor feels the same way.:)
I hope so. The car exhaust is much smoother and deeper. It sounded sooo angry the last 6 months and I start the car at 4:30am.

Welcome to the forum!

Your build sounds Great and Thanks for sharing it with us. You don't see many Sprintex blowers out there. Can you Please share a little more about that?

I wouldn't be mad if you posted up some pictures of it too (hint hint ;) )
There’s a reason you don’t see many!!! It’s because the company sucks major dick!!! I really like the product after fixing the melted pistons and rings due to a bad part in the kit, which cost about $6500 and 4 months in the shop. I was sore about it, but I’m over it now and just want to help others. More pictures in a reply coming below.

What High Flow cats did you use? You had to notch the hood to Clear the Sprintex? Any pictures of that? Curious why you didn't go with Ripp which advertises more power?

A Guy
The cats are $100 a pair. I can get a part number and website I bought from. No notch in the hood… I removed the hood liner and shimmed the back up 1” with washers and longer bolts through the hinge brackets and the front of the hood still seats perfectly. I went with sprintex because I didn’t like looking at the upper manifold and wanted something cool to look at when I open the hood. The power numbers are more but the 0-60s and 1/4 mile times are pretty much the same.
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle
Hand Plant Window Handwriting Tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Product Liquid Font Audio equipment Drink
Photograph Product Black Font Gadget
Font Audio equipment Automotive tire Parallel Screenshot
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
Thanks (y) I could never live with my hood raised :D

A Guy

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
I hope so. The car exhaust is much smoother and deeper. It sounded sooo angry the last 6 months and I start the car at 4:30am.

There’s a reason you don’t see many!!! It’s because the company sucks major dick!!! I really like the product after fixing the melted pistons and rings due to a bad part in the kit, which cost about $6500 and 4 months in the shop. I was sore about it, but I’m over it now and just want to help others. More pictures in a reply coming below.

The cats are $100 a pair. I can get a part number and website I bought from. No notch in the hood… I removed the hood liner and shimmed the back up 1” with washers and longer bolts through the hinge brackets and the front of the hood still seats perfectly. I went with sprintex because I didn’t like looking at the upper manifold and wanted something cool to look at when I open the hood. The power numbers are more but the 0-60s and 1/4 mile times are pretty much the same.
View attachment 1025356 View attachment 1025357 View attachment 1025358 View attachment 1025359 View attachment 1025360 View attachment 1025361 View attachment 1025362 View attachment 1025363 View attachment 1025364 View attachment 1025365
There has to be a better way. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
A way for what?
A better way to hide the SC. While I applaud your ingenuity. IMO, the aesthetics are less than desirable.
It's your car, if it doesn't bother you, go for it.
I couldn't live with a hood that looks like it's been in an accident.
I would find another way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A better way to hide the SC. While I applaud your ingenuity. IMO, the aesthetics are less than desirable.
It's your car, if it doesn't bother you, go for it.
I couldn't live with a hood that looks like it's been in an accident.
I would find another way.
I was supposed to get a new hood sooner but after the melted pistons and the extra $6k+ My timeline on the build is off quite a bit lol. To me it doesn’t look like it’s been in an accident, just modified for something cool. When people mention it I get an excuse to open the hood and show off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts