Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well just placed my order Friday, after a bunch of issues attempting to order the car from my local dealership in town. Their system kept telling me I wouldn't get a back seat or couldn't get a R/T strip even though it's not a 1320, or that exotic, F8, 392, stick, black R/T strip, dynamic package, adaptive damping suspension, and a few other things.

Talked to another dealership in Richmond, MI and asked them to see if they got the same issues, and nothing, so after work ran over and put my deposit and filled out everything. Funny thing I believe I was this the saleswoman first sale, didn't have to sell me on a thing. She told us the guys give her a hard time because she had to ask how many doors came on a Challenger, lol.

First new car, bought my last new vehicle, 2500 Truck back in 01 also a stick. Been checking out your site seems like a lot of good information.

Regards,
Jim

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
Welcome from California Jim ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,823 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

F8-Green, ordered it at closing on Friday so hopefully this evening I'll get a vin or tracking number, and then the wait game...

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
804 Posts
Welcome to the show.

Post a pic when the "Mean Green Machine" shows up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Southern California. Post some pics once it gets delivered, I'm sure you're going to be wanting to just jump in, and take it for a nice drive, maybe you can take photos, and take us on the drive with you. 😀

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can't wait to see it when it gets in. Welcome to the crew!

Will-

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all,

Well got my vin this morning, salesperson says eta is 8-27 but not to bank on it, though that seems rater fast, although we got the vin to my wife's 2015 Jeep and 2 weeks later it was there, so 3 weeks considering it's being built in Canada might be right.

I also did the chat, and they couldn't give me a eta, just said the plant had all the pieces to start the build.

Getting that xmas morning kid feeling, lol.

Regards,
Jim

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts

A Guy ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all,

Well guess it's getting painted today, 3 weeks after I got the Vin Number.

Wondering how long before it's built and then shipped.

Regards,
Jim

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
it will probably be finished with final inspection within 1 -2 days.

If it clears inspection then its KZ status (you'll be able to view Monroney sticker online)

since you don't have WB, T/A, Shaker or 1320 Edition it won't be going to the upfit center and no additional time.

The shipping ETA will be coming up - your dealer can see this on their system (updates half-weekly schedule)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome to the site, Jim. Great people, and terrific source of info for our cars. Man, that combo is going to be freaking awesome. I love that color.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it will probably be finished with final inspection within 1 -2 days.

If it clears inspection then its KZ status (you'll be able to view Monroney sticker online)

since you don't have WB, T/A, Shaker or 1320 Edition it won't be going to the upfit center and no additional time.

The shipping ETA will be coming up - your dealer can see this on their system (updates half-weekly schedule)
Hi,

Guess today it was in the trim stage, but still shows tomorrow, but dealership is thinking Monday.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi all,

Guess its in the ship phase as of this morning, no telling which code, it is getting a RT strip so maybe just to that.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi all,

Finally got a window sticker and build sheet. Guess it's waiting on transportation to MI.

Hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: fyrdude
1 - 20 of 30 Posts